Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing fans ruining boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just have to look at Hagler and Hearns and you know they were warriors, they were MEN. Looking at Quillin and Lee is like looking at kids by comparison.

Comment

Go back to the months after KTFO6. You will find page after page of civilized discussion in just about every thread even the Pac or May related threads. You think it's a coincidence that when Pacquiao fanboys went into hiding for six months the quality of discussion on here went way up? I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        This ^^^

If any so-called "fans" are ruining the sport, its the type of "fans" that condone and defend this "business first" mentality that many boxers nowaday's live by.
        While I would agree that the so-called fans are the ones contributing to most of the degradation in boxing climate. Still the fighters have to make a living, and for them it is a business and a sport. One that helps to feed their families -- So realistically, it cannot be denied that the business aspects of boxing need its due attention. Otherwise, you won't have many guys trying to box for a living.

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        Go back to the months after KTFO6. You will find page after page of civilized discussion in just about every thread even the Pac or May related threads. You think it's a coincidence that when Pacquiao fanboys went into hiding for six months the quality of discussion on here went way up? I don't.
        Interesting observation ......

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          It's not the fans ruining boxing, it is the pampered, wussy fighters doing most of it. Compare the Lee - Quillin fight from last Saturday with two fighters afraid to engage each other with one of the greatest MW championship fights of all time and it is easy to see what is ruining boxing today. We have gone from warriors who were afraid of nothing, afraid of no other fighter, not afraid of having a loss on their record, not worrying about how much money they were getting paid... to fighters afraid to mix it up, who won't throw a punch because they are afraid of getting hit back and worrying more about their bank account than being in a great fight for everyone to appreciate and that may go down in history.

We have gone from warriors to wusses.

Even if you'd never seen that fight before you could play the video with your eyes closed and know that something special was happening, just from the excitement in the commentaters voices and, especially, the roaring of the crowd.
          There's no sound on earth like the one you hear at a big fight when two men just come out and go to war like that.

Comment

Originally posted by wwhite1982 View Post
            I remember the night I fell in love with boxing like it was yesterday. Nov. 22 1986.
            sound like a girl.

Comment

You attack Floyd Mayweather because "He beats women."
              I'd laugh and cheer if Floyd died in the ring live on TV because he's a bad person, so?

I don't cry when pedophiles are run over by trucks either. Woe is me.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                It's not the fans ruining boxing, it is the pampered, wussy fighters doing most of it. Compare the Lee - Quillin fight from last Saturday with two fighters afraid to engage each other with one of the greatest MW championship fights of all time and it is easy to see what is ruining boxing today. We have gone from warriors who were afraid of nothing, afraid of no other fighter, not afraid of having a loss on their record, not worrying about how much money they were getting paid... to fighters afraid to mix it up, who won't throw a punch because they are afraid of getting hit back and worrying more about their bank account than being in a great fight for everyone to appreciate and that may go down in history.

We have gone from warriors to wusses.

>
                Fighters have been worrying about how much money they were getting paid from the time fighters first got paid, essentially that's what professional boxing is about.

Wussie fighters or over protective promoters?

I view your words as just another know nothin' opinion. The likes of which talk the sport down
                Last edited by Rockin'; 04-15-2015, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Pacquiao has a lot of fans that know nothing about the sport and follow him just because of nationalism. This site seems to ban the ones that start bringing up race quick but i'm guessing it's hard to keep up. Youtube comments are always full of racist crap, you can watch a video of a giraffe eating leaves and find racist arguments in the comments.

Comment

Great book man, who published it?

Comment

i hate going to SHO or HBO's boxing page and seeing Floyd getting ripped to shreds. If you're rooting for Pac that's okay but you don't have to start calling him a ***** or phaggot and other colorful language.

it makes me root against Pac even more. I want to see what all these people will say after Pac loses.

Comment

Working...
                      X