Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the best Cruiserweights in history? Cunningham, Holyfield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the best Cruiserweights in history? Cunningham, Holyfield?

I was thinking recently about Haye and Cunningham and that they were excellent cruiserweights so I thought about the ranking of the relatively "new" cruiserweight division: Who are the greatest Cruiserweights of all time and in what ranking?
    I have a hard time ranking them, Holyfield has to be number 1, then there are Haye, Cunningham, Jirov and even Marco Huck.
    Give your top 5 or top 10 Cruiserweights in this thread, guys.
    I have seen 2 lists in which Johnny Nelson is in the top 3 and I strongly disagree. I have seen Nelson box and to be honest he was a very inactive, defensive, safety first fighter and those WBO title opponents were shady at times. No disrespect to Nelson, I like him as a person and think he was a good fighter but to me personally he won't make the top 10 no matter how many times he defended his title.
    What is your list?

By the way even though Cunningham never unified the titles, I thought he was (is) a terrific fighter at Cruiserweight and I think he is one of the best Cruiserweights I have ever seen. Johnny Nelson may have had 12 or 13 defenses of his title, but to me Cunningham is at least one level above Nelson.

Comment

Wasnt mormeck unified Cruiserweight champ?

Comment

Adamek above Cunningham IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
          I was thinking recently about Haye and Cunningham and that they were excellent cruiserweights so I thought about the ranking of the relatively "new" cruiserweight division: Who are the greatest Cruiserweights of all time and in what ranking?
          I have a hard time ranking them, Holyfield has to be number 1, then there are Haye, Cunningham, Jirov and even Marco Huck.
          Give your top 5 or top 10 Cruiserweights in this thread, guys.
          I have seen 2 lists in which Johnny Nelson is in the top 3 and I strongly disagree. I have seen Nelson box and to be honest he was a very inactive, defensive, safety first fighter and those WBO title opponents were shady at times. No disrespect to Nelson, I like him as a person and think he was a good fighter but to me personally he won't make the top 10 no matter how many times he defended his title.
          What is your list?
          He's not even the best CW right now, come on this guy is a joke, he has no skills and almost every fight he "won" in last 2-3 years is controversional...
          In no particular order:

Holyfield
          Mormeck
          Haye
          Adamek
          Cunningham
          Last edited by Szef; 06-05-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

James Toney, Jirov, Virgil Hill

you guys remember ONeill Bell? he was fun to watch too

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              James Toney, Jirov, Virgil Hill

you guys remember ONeill Bell? he was fun to watch too
              what about de leon? i forget 1st name. early to mid 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                what about de leon? i forget 1st name. early to mid 80's.

you talkin about Carlos De Leon? man that was when i was a kid...i only saw a few of his fights

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  you talkin about Carlos De Leon? man that was when i was a kid...i only saw a few of his fights
                  Thanks. same with me. i just remembered watching him on usa tuesdays and saturday/sunday afternoons.

Comment

Qawi would starch any current cruiserweight. And how has Nelson not been named yet?
                    Last edited by SBleeder; 06-05-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X