Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Gay Marriage is legalized do we need to redefine marriage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
    No, they should be sent to Washington State
    NEW JERSEY's FREE

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
      I think they should have unions. I dont care if gays get together and ****. I just dont want everyone saying being gay is normal and its something you should be proud of. I dont want my kids being influenced from an atmosphere that promotes gay as being normal. It really annoys me that the media is trying to make being gay a new social norm.
      I know co sign. It pisses me off. It puts the wrong idea into the up coming youth.

If gays wanna be gay, let em do it in their own time. just don't slap on the news that being gay is perfectly normal.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
        I think they should have unions. I dont care if gays get together and ****. I just dont want everyone saying being gay is normal and its something you should be proud of. I dont want my kids being influenced from an atmosphere that promotes gay as being normal. It really annoys me that the media is trying to make being gay a new social norm.
        Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        I know co sign. It pisses me off. It puts the wrong idea into the up coming youth.

If gays wanna be gay, let em do it in their own time. just don't slap on the news that being gay is perfectly normal.
        What annopys me the most is that it is so contrived and fake but the sheep still fall for it! This is why TV needs to be replaced with books and learning so people can use their own brains. Start with Chomsky
        Originally posted by Philippexico View Post
        was it a man or a woman who invented marriage?
        Probably a man, as women were ironing and cleaning until recently. Now they use it to rob half the house, but back in days marriage was used to get her cleaning the house!

Comment

Only idiots get married.

Comment

I guess it just comes down to feeling then. I wouldn't want my penis cut off and replaced with a robotic one because it felt better (example).
            So far your analogies have included fucking animals, eating faeces, self amputation and robot penises. I think you have some issues, kid.

Gay people don't want to settle down and get away from the sleeze, if they did, why the hell do we have gay pride parades.
            Gay people are looking to settle down into stable relationships and to receive the same legal protections and assurances of everyone else. It's an extremely illogical thought train that leads you to say "Gays want to get married so they can be more promiscuous!"

you skipped over my historical analysis. Rome held off Barbarians with ease, the nation itself became lazy and unorganized, that is why it fell. Because of gay's? no, but because of a sleazebag live for your feelings only culture..yes.
            Rome's downfall came about because the size of the Empire was too much for their logistical ability. They could no longer maintain garrisons on the frontiers of the Empire, they could no longer maintain the roads which linked the frontier to Rome, they were unable to feed the armies and therefore were much more susceptible to incursions by barbarian neighbours. The downfall of Rome was not decadence but outgrowing its resources.

anyways, opinions are opinions. I don't agree with Gay Marriage. I don't want to see my country turn into a sleazy, sub human culture. It's not normal, men screwing men. It's a psychologically unstable state of being.

Just as I respect your opinion, it works both ways.
            "Hey I respect your opinion, now you should respect my unjustified bigotry."

SquealPiggy, you are gay, admit it, I'm getting tired of arguing with some "objective" morally holier than thou, logically superior "centrist".
            I don't have to be the target of bigotry to find bigots offensive. I suspect that the people who hate ****sexuality the most do so because they fear it, specifically because they fear they find it appealing. The most intelligent approach to ****sexuality is one of indifference.

If gays spread AIDS in marriage, they will bring down society in an epidemic
            So if all the gay people settle down into monogamous relationships they will spread sexually transmitted disease more?

Gays cannot have kids so don't need to be married. In England they do not recognise gay Canadian marriages as marriage is between man and woman only. They have gay civil unions so the AIDS spreaders get same tax benefits, etc. I think gay civil unions should also be outlawed as men living together as a family unit is abhorrent. It is unnatural and they can't have kids. A gay couple molested a kid they adapted. Gays represent only 2% of the population but 50% of peadophiles. Also the remaining 50% of so called 'straight' pedo's usually targetted children of the same sex. The links between gays and pedo's are sickening
            I don't think I need to even hack this statement apart to show how utterly repulsive your views are.

Comment

Not really.

People who get married in/at a church, from a 'holy man', have to be a man and woman. That's fine. Gay people don't need to get married in a church. They should still be aloud to marry, by simply not going through the church. Plenty of STRAIGHT people do that. Plenty of ATHEISTS do that.

Point being, you can take the churches idea of marriage and keep it. However, the way the government is SUPPOSED to run in this country, is by giving everyone the same rights, until they've done something criminal (in certain cases.)

Therefore, church can do it it's way, and ****sexuals who decide to marry can do it outside of the church, where it should be considered legal and true. True, the church would probably not recognize it, but I don't see why a gay person would give two ****s about church to begin with.
              Last edited by THe TRiNiTY; 05-10-2009, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
                Not really.

People who get married in/at a church, from a 'holy man', have to be a man and woman. That's fine. Gay people don't need to get married in a church. They should still be aloud to marry, by simply not going through the church. Plenty of STRAIGHT people do that. Plenty of ATHEISTS do that.

Point being, you can take the churches idea of marriage and keep it. However, the way the government is SUPPOSED to run in this country, is by giving everyone the same rights, until they've done something criminal (in certain cases.)

Therefore, church can do it it's way, and ****sexuals who decide to marry can do it outside of the church, where it should be considered legal and true. True, the church would probably not recognize it, but I don't see why a gay person would give two ****s about church to begin with.
                There are some churches which will perform gay marriage ceremonies. Personally I don't know how they can square the very clear prohibitions on ****sexuality inherent in most religions with gay marriage, but whatever works for them.

I would certainly oppose anyone trying to force unwilling churches or ministers into holding gay marriage ceremonies. I'm all about live and let live.

Comment

I don't think gay people should be allowed to be married under the name of god, but I have no problem with them having civil marriages.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    There are some churches which will perform gay marriage ceremonies. Personally I don't know how they can square the very clear prohibitions on ****sexuality inherent in most religions with gay marriage, but whatever works for them.

I would certainly oppose anyone trying to force unwilling churches or ministers into holding gay marriage ceremonies. I'm all about live and let live.
                    Yeah, I think I read an article about something along those lines. Some churches try radical approaches, it seems like the higher-ups within those congrigations most likely have a feeling what is ACTUALLY right, as opposed to just following the Bible, word for word. Because if they were following it, I don't see how they could allow/justify it. They should be very AGAINST the idea. One of the few clear areas in the 'Bibles' I've read.

Personally, I don't see why people feel the need to marry 'legally', but if they want to, they should be aloud. However, like you said, churches shouldn't be forced to hold gay marriages within churches or what have you. Beliefs, whether mine or someone elses, shouldn't be enfringed upon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky Fatton View Post
                      Jesus ****ing Christ.

Attention straight people: Give it a ****ing rest with your sancity of marriage bull****. 50% of all marriages end in divorce. Where is your precious sancity there? GTFO. The only reason anyone is against gay marriage is because thats basically the final oppressive thing left in this country. Blacks have all their rights. Mexicans are integral to the economy. Who else can we abuse? Oh the ****! Enough straight people of all colors.
                      That is an absolutely false statistic. Open up a sociology book and you'll see.

50% of all marriage don't end in divorce.

http://books.google.com/books?id=LP9...esult&resnum=1

Comment

Working...
                      X