Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umar Salamov

Saw him for the first time on the Parker undercard

He is tall, long, seemingly well schooled and packs a punch

It was very impressive the way that he dissected his opponent with a variety of shots and finished him when he had him hurt

At 22, he looks to be one for the future.

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
    Saw him for the first time on the Parker undercard

He is tall, long, seemingly well schooled and packs a punch

It was very impressive the way that he dissected his opponent with a variety of shots and finished him when he had him hurt

At 22, he looks to be one for the future.
    I'm liking what I see. He's tall and somewhat rangy but he also goes for the body. He's in a stacked division. At 22, I'd like to see the kid take his time for a year and have some good mid-card guys get in there with him before he tries to step up to the big boys, but he's got time on his side all day.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      I'm liking what I see. He's tall and somewhat rangy but he also goes for the body. He's in a stacked division. At 22, I'd like to see the kid take his time for a year and have some good mid-card guys get in there with him before he tries to step up to the big boys, but he's got time on his side all day.
      Looked really good to me and agree that he should take his time plus with backing from the Chechyan President, he'll get a big fight when needed

Sad to say but both he and Nik Tszyu (albeit against a pretty average opponent) have better command of the fundamentals than Parker

Comment

Looked really good to me and agree that he should take his time plus with backing from the Chechyan President, he'll get a big fight when needed

Sad to say but both he and Nik Tszyu (albeit against a pretty average opponent) have better command of the fundamentals than Parker
        "Chechyan" lol, you meant to say Chechen

I can't see nothing special about Salamov, Bivol and Gvozdyk are way better light heavyweight prospects, but the guy is only 22

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
          "Chechyan" lol, you meant to say Chechen

I can't see nothing special about Salamov, Bivol and Gvozdyk are way better light heavyweight prospects, but the guy is only 22
          Sorry about that

Salamov is a very good young fighter IMO

Haven't heard about the others and will watch in the future
          Last edited by Tomjas; 05-08-2017, 06:09 AM.

Comment

He'll be okay until Callum Smith decides to move up to LHW and slap him around a bit.

Comment

Sorry about that

Salamov is a very good young fighter IMO

Haven't heard about the others and will watch in the future
              It's okay

Hm, it's actually surprising to find a boxing fan who heard of Salamov but never heard of Bivol, Gvozdyk or another Chechen fighter Beterbiev, considering the fact they're top 5-10 fighters in the division, and Salamov just started his career and most of hardcore fans never heard his name. You definitely have to check their last fights. Salamov is young and he still needs to gain some experience, it's interesting to see where he'll be in 2-3 years
              Last edited by g27region; 05-08-2017, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                but I thought he lost to that awkward British southpaw (Ajisafu?) in his last fight and was exposed a bit, so he still needs some time to develop.
                I never saw that fight, didn't realise it was a controversial result. Ajisafe is a really underrated fighter

Comment

He's decent but not overly impressed with him, he is still young tho, got a lot of time to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    It's okay

Hm, it's actually surprising to find a boxing fan who heard of Salamov but never heard of Bivol, Gvozdyk or another Chechen fighter Beterbiev, considering the fact they're top 5-10 fighters in the division, and Salamov just started his career and most of hardcore fans never heard his name. You definitely have to check their last fights. Salamov is young and he still needs to gain some experience, it's interesting to see where he'll be in 2-3 years
                    TBF, I only saw Salamov as he was on the Parker undercard

Have seen Beterbiev fight a few times as he has been mentioned as a possible future opponent for the more high profile guys

Checked out Bivol, Gvozdyk and Egor Mekhontsev last night

Thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
                    X