Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson Doubts Ward-Kovalev Rematch Will Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight has the same stink as Pac vs May, no one is buying it again. Kov promised a KO, it didn't happen. Ward took him to church, so it's not that appealing no more.
    Last edited by Nomadic; 01-13-2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyLarry View Post
      Yeah whatever he's still scared to fight either 1 of them ��
      well ward needed 5 million to do it...stevenson only asked hbo to up their offer by 100k and they refused...actually by 300k, but his promoter and al haymon were willing to pay 200k of it so that only left hbo with 100k to put up....dont believe me? ask for the link..

and when u get it...let's start keeping it realistic rather than fabricated unless u're just one of these race trolls or in your feelings type of guys who dont care for facts..

hbo let a fighter of the year get a better deal from showtime just over 300k...then had ppl like yourself blame haymon when haymon did everything in his power to keep him on hbo but take a lower offer

Comment

Ward will either retire or try to defend his belts vs another opponent somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
          This fight has the same stink as Pac vs May, no one is buying it again. Kov promised a KO, it didn't happen. Ward took him to church, so it's not that appealing no more.
          kovalev took ward's soul he will retire.

Comment

Do contracts mean anything? Well yes they do.

All very well laughing at them, but they are enforceable in law. Nobody can force Ward to fight anyone, but if Duva truly has a negotiated rematch clause in the contract then we won't be able to fight anyone but Kovalev without facing legal action.

Sadly, Ward has shown a tendency to make very poor moves with respect to contract and the legal system. He lost several years of his peak career (and millions of dollars) by suing his promoter - and losing twice. He then make accusations of his promoter, Dan Goosen, so incendiary that the guy had no alternative but to countersue. Ward was EXTREMELY luck that Goosen died because that is a suit he would surely have lost. So I fear he may indeed make some bone headed move that will leave him legally vulnerable.

Comment

Ward is dragging his feet on the rematch just to torture Kathy.. that man is not scared. I mean he wasn't expected to even take the fight, Floyd advised him to duck Kovalev. .but Ward is a beast, he stood up to the boogeyman and took his belts. Kathy and Kovalev have been disrespecting Ward nonstop since the fight ended. Ward is tormenting their souls by taking his time.

Comment

lol kov took wards soul, ward is scared, this is comical none of these guys are scared of eachother, its business guys just wait

Comment

Not that Stevenson is in much of a position to talk, but he's right in the fact that most fighters aren't really scared to go against another. A lot of times, it has to do with the money. The problem comes in when you're demanding a bunch for a dangerous opponent but then take significantly less money to fight someone significantly less intriguing. You actually end up hurting your bottom line and future interest more. I have no doubt that the rematch gets made for June. That's 5 months away, giving me no reason to be concerned now.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    finally this guy has said something right. (TMT)
                    I know right lol

Comment

Adonis Stevenson is right, the pay-per-view didn't sell, and who is gonna pay Andre Ward extra money. I think Andre should fight Kovalev again because of the controversy, but that's just me as a fan. Ultimately it's Andre decision, he just better fight a high quality opponent next if it's not Kovalev otherwise it'll look bad on him if he fights a bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X