No announcement yet.

Jack Dempsey vs Sonny Liston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Dempsey vs Sonny Liston

Who would win this interesting match-up, I think that it will be Liston with his pole-axe jab and boxing skills. Agree, Disagree?
    Jack Dempsey
    28.57%
    Sonny Liston
    71.43%

Originally posted by kendom View Post
    Who would win this interesting match-up, I think that it will be Liston with his pole-axe jab and boxing skills. Agree, Disagree?
    I voted for Jack...... I just wanted to even the poll up. But Liston may be too big.

Comment

If Firpo could knock Dempsey out of the ring, than Liston would knock him out of the galaxy.

There is not a single rushing swarmer in history who could survive Liston.

Liston KO4.

Comment

Liston in 5.

Comment

Misleading

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          If Firpo could knock Dempsey out of the ring, than Liston would knock him out of the galaxy.

There is not a single rushing swarmer in history who could survive Liston.

Liston KO4.
          Firpo was no feather puncher mate..... he knocked guys stone cold, and is one of the biggest punchers in HW history,....... he was amateurish next to Liston in all other aspects of the sport....... But if Firpo lande one of those on Liston's chin,...... Ali's story about Sonny being a "Human Satellite", would come true, and Firpo's biggest punches make Ali seem like the featherfisted one...... Firpo could HIT !!!
          2000th POST .. Yay !!
          -
          Last edited by McGoorty; 09-23-2011, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
            Jack takes this with superior speed and savage body attack.

Comment

Originally posted by FenechJeff View Post
              Jack takes this with superior speed and savage body attack.
              Opposed to Listons ****ty body attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Opposed to Listons ****ty body attack.
                There is a big size difference, but Dempsey has a massive advantage in speed.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  There is a big size difference, but Dempsey has a massive advantage in speed.
                  Hardly Massive IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Hardly Massive IMO.
                    About as much as the size difference I think..... Massive may be a bit too massive, with Jack his hand speed and foot speed was about the same, and Jack had very good head movement.

Comment

Working...
                    X