Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: Jeff "The Hornet" Horn getting a guaranteed $4 MILLION to fight Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Jeff "The Hornet" Horn getting a guaranteed $4 MILLION to fight Crawford

Can anyone confirm/deny?

I'd link the site but I know they're blocked here. Here's a quote:

Originally posted by The Site That Discusses News About Fights
    WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn was paid US$760,000 (AUD$1 million) for his successful defense against WBO #10 Gary Corcoran last week but is chasing US$4 million or (AUD$5 million) to defend against WBO mandatory contender Terrence Crawford in 2018 according to Horn’s promoter Dean Lonergan who talked to Grantlee Kieza of the Courier Mail.

“I can tell you now, Jeff won’t be fighting Crawford for $1 million,” Lonergan said. ”This is a huge fight, pitting a man who beat an 11-time world champ (Pacquiao) against a fighter who is unbeaten in 32 bouts and regarded by many as the world’s best boxer, pound-for-pound. This will be one of the biggest fights in the world in 2018.”
    Because if he got $4 million that's twice what he would have gotten facing Mundine. I have a hard time believing Arum would come out of pocket like that.

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Can anyone confirm/deny?

Because if he got $4 million that's twice what he would have gotten facing Mundine. I have a hard time believing Arum would come out of pocket like that.
    arum is making manny pay for it.hence thats why he is on the undercard..brilliant

Comment

good if true..He earned it

Comment

Think, for a moment

Can anyone confirm/deny?

If Jeff Horn were to get $4m, Terence Crawford would likely command near that (if his management was any good), and then there's still Pacquiao to pay.

Figure the costs related to actually putting on the event, and Arum is likely in the whole $15m before selling a single ticket.

With ESPN not subsidizing the event, coming up with that kind of money is really unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          If Jeff Horn were to get $4m, Terence Crawford would likely command near that (if his management was any good), and then there's still Pacquiao to pay.

Figure the costs related to actually putting on the event, and Arum is likely in the whole $15m before selling a single ticket.

With ESPN not subsidizing the event, coming up with that kind of money is really unlikely
          I agree it's unlikely, thus why I really want to confirm that number, because it's huge. Arum would only pay that if he knew for a fact he could get paid too, which isn't certain with Manny coming off a loss and working an undercard and Crawford untested at 147.

Comment

I agree it's unlikely, thus why I really want to confirm that number, because it's huge. Arum would only pay that if he knew for a fact he could get paid too, which isn't certain with Manny coming off a loss and working an undercard and Crawford untested at 147.
            Arum's m.o. is his m.o. if you want to honestly wait with baited breath for confirmation, you're going to be waiting for a long time.

Just as a guess, I'd be willing to bet that Bob Arum honeydicked Horn's promoter with the mention of $4m (to move Horn off of the Mundine fight), only to have the actual contract for the fight saying that Horn would get $1m (a bump) as his purse, with escalators in the deal that could get to $4m if the event ends up doing 750k+ PPVs (a figure that the event has no chance of seeing).

Comment

They still haven't decided if this will be a PPV event if Manny is the co-feature. Not sure what anyone is guaranteed at this time. I know Horn was insisting on that much to fight Crawford, not sure if he got it.

Comment

horn was like "yall wanna see crawford beat my ass? show me the money 💰"

this is a potential retirement fight.

Comment

No way in hell he gets 4 million. Crawford would have to get just as much if not more. Where's this money gonna come from?

Comment

Just because he beat Pacquiao doesn't mean he'll get paid like Pacquiao... He makes 1.5 mil tops.

Comment

Working...
                    X