Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank Prez Gives Take on Canelo vs. Golden Boy, DAZN Legal Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackR0bbb View Post
    Dude, Andrade has the same problem Crawford has -- no one wants to fight him. Have you ever heard another top fighter call out Andrade? Or Crawford? Just give me one name. Your boy Canelo has had a carefully-crafted career designed to make him look like some kind of killer who has taken on all comers. He wanted no parts of Andrade or Jermall at middleweight, fought the immortal Rocky Fielding when he could have fought the guy who KO'd Fielding in one round, then fought an alcoholic to pick up an easy belt at light heavy. Then fled the light heavy division before fans and media started asking him to unify with Bivol or Beterbiev. Why fight in these divisions if you're always going after the weakest link??? And I love how you Canelo groupies wet your pants when he pancaked the iron chin blown-up jr. welterweight A Mere Con -- that was transcendent stuff! Tell me something -- If Andrade is nothing special, wouldn't Canelo have dusted him by now and finally gotten him out of the way? And if you think Lara or Jacobs are better fighters than Andrade, you need your brain examined. Andrade beat Keith Thurman, Danny Jacobs and many others in the amateurs. Maybe you ought to close your pie hole and do a little research.

Now the chump is in court with a lawsuit that has absolutely zero merit and will be out of the ring until at least mid-2021. That's a good thing, though. We don't have to watch him in yet another sparring session paying him $35MM.

All this time we been going back and forth, and you still have not given me names of active fighters with better resume.

Charlo. Charlo called out and had a fight scheduled w Andrade, and Andrade pulled out, changed promoters and all that. See how easy it is to answer questions ?

Saunders also had a fight scheduled with Andrade, but it fell through because Saunders got popped for PED's. So that's TWO fighters that were willing to face Andrade. If you discredit Saunders and say "he was scared so he had to juice!" That's fine. Charlo was ready and willing to throw down and Andrade tried to run to Roc Nation. LOL ! There is NO disputing that.

Andrade has no resume whatsoever. You’re talking about his amateur background ? Lara won a Silver medal in the olympics. Who cares ? It’s the amateurs. Pro career, 30 fights and you’ve fought nobody. NOBODY.

Don’t put Crawford and Andrade in the same sentence. Andrade has fought ZERO former or future world champions in 29 fights. Zero. Crawford has fought and taken titles from Burns and Postol, plus beat former / future champs in Gamboa and Beltran within 29 fights. Then went on to beat a unified Indongo and former unified champ Amir Khan later. Any SINGLE thing from this list is more than Andrade has done in his ENTIRE CAREER !!!!!

I thought the Khan fight for Álvarez was a weak move. I thought he was a coward for pulling that stunt and was ducking GGG but he proved that wrong when he came back around and fought GGG twice.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY takes 3,4,5 TOUGH fights in a row. The fact that you’re complaining about him taking on Fielding after two tough Golovkin wars is ridiculous. Then he followed that up vs Jacobs ! Here’s another question for you that I’m sure you will dance around without answering ...

What active fighter has 3 hard fights in a row on their resume ? This one should be a lot easier to answer than who has Andrade beat (cuz the answer is absolutely nobody) or who has a better resume than Canelo (because honestly, outside of Pac, nobody does). Maybe there is a guy out there who fought 3 fights or more in a row vs P4P guys, or guys that were top 5 in either their division or the division above, but I’ll tell you what ....

After losing to Álvarez, GGG is STILL rated higher than Andrade.

After getting KOd by Alvarez, Kovalev is STILL top 3 at LHW

And after losing to Álvarez and having ONE fight at 168, Jacobs is already top 10 in a new division.

After losing to Álvarez Lara Stayed in the top 5 at 154, and even today after losing to Hurd he is still top 5 in the division.

Can a mfer pick apart every win from every fighters resume and find some issue w it ? Sure they can. And they do. They do it to Floyd all the time. But what you’re saying makes no sense. It is all good though. You think Canelo is a duck. I think he has proven that he will fight the big fights at a higher rate than anyone else in the sport currently. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You aren't really answering any questions to support your opinion though, so I am done with it.
    Last edited by JLC; 09-18-2020, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
      All this time we been going back and forth, and you still have not given me names of active fighters with better resume.

Charlo. Charlo called out and had a fight scheduled w Andrade, and Andrade pulled out, changed promoters and all that. See how easy it is to answer questions ?

Saunders also had a fight scheduled with Andrade, but it fell through because Saunders got popped for PED's. So that's TWO fighters that were willing to face Andrade. If you discredit Saunders and say "he was scared so he had to juice!" That's fine. Charlo was ready and willing to throw down and Andrade tried to run to Roc Nation. LOL ! There is NO disputing that.

Andrade has no resume whatsoever. You’re talking about his amateur background ? Lara won a Silver medal in the olympics. Who cares ? It’s the amateurs. Pro career, 30 fights and you’ve fought nobody. NOBODY.

Don’t put Crawford and Andrade in the same sentence. Andrade has fought ZERO former or future world champions in 29 fights. Zero. Crawford has fought and taken titles from Burns and Postol, plus beat former / future champs in Gamboa and Beltran within 29 fights. Then went on to beat a unified Indongo and former unified champ Amir Khan later. Any SINGLE thing from this list is more than Andrade has done in his ENTIRE CAREER !!!!!

I thought the Khan fight for Álvarez was a weak move. I thought he was a coward for pulling that stunt and was ducking GGG but he proved that wrong when he came back around and fought GGG twice.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY takes 3,4,5 TOUGH fights in a row. The fact that you’re complaining about him taking on Fielding after two tough Golovkin wars is ridiculous. Then he followed that up vs Jacobs ! Here’s another question for you that I’m sure you will dance around without answering ...

What active fighter has 3 hard fights in a row on their resume ? This one should be a lot easier to answer than who has Andrade beat (cuz the answer is absolutely nobody) or who has a better resume than Canelo (because honestly, outside of Pac, nobody does). Maybe there is a guy out there who fought 3 fights or more in a row vs P4P guys, or guys that were top 5 in either their division or the division above, but I’ll tell you what ....

After losing to Álvarez, GGG is STILL rated higher than Andrade.

After getting KOd by Alvarez, Kovalev is STILL top 3 at LHW

And after losing to Álvarez and having ONE fight at 168, Jacobs is already top 10 in a new division.

After losing to Álvarez Lara Stayed in the top 5 at 154, and even today after losing to Hurd he is still top 5 in the division.

Can a mfer pick apart every win from every fighters resume and find some issue w it ? Sure they can. And they do. They do it to Floyd all the time. But what you’re saying makes no sense. It is all good though. You think Canelo is a duck. I think he has proven that he will fight the big fights at a higher rate than anyone else in the sport currently. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You aren't really answering any questions to support your opinion though, so I am done with it.
      Currently who has a better resume than Canelo? That's easy. Danny Garcia. Who has Canelo ever avoided? That's also very easy. He's been avoiding Andrade across two divisions and immediately dropped the WBO light heavy title he picked up from the Russian alcoholic like it was covered with camel s**t. Even Canelo fans I know on Facebook who are even more shameless than you openly admit that your boy wanted zero smoke with Beterbiev or Bivol. His goal was to pick up a cheap, easy title, then flea in the dead of night. And no, Kovalev is no long ranked in the Top 5 at light heavy. Krusher is too busy drinking "WODKA" and beating women. He's been a sad shell since the second Ward fight. Lara, you say? Erislandy has helped me put the sleeping pills away. You guys seem to forget that this is the same guy who got a gift vs. Carlos Molina years ago. You reference his name as though you were talking about Benitez or McCallum.

You can type 4,000 words all you want, but the fact remains that Canelo has had a very carefully-crafted career starting with his first title against Hatton's cousin. Or did he win it against the immortal Ryan Rhodes? The fact that a character like Canelo can be in anyone's Top 10 P4P tells you just how diluted boxing is today. Put Andrade aside for a moment -- I'd love to see your boy get in the ring with Caleb Plant. Will he? I doubt it. That WBC belt is vacant and Uncle Mauricio has already greased the wheels for him to fight a Turkish soda can for it.
      Last edited by BlackR0bbb; 09-20-2020, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Currently who has a better resume than Canelo? That's easy. Danny Garcia. Who has Canelo ever avoided? That's also very easy. He's been avoiding Andrade across two divisions and immediately dropped the WBO light heavy title he picked up from the Russian alcoholic like it was covered with camel s**t. Even Canelo fans I know on Facebook who are even more shameless than you openly admit that your boy wanted zero smoke with Beterbiev or Bivol. His goal was to pick up a cheap, easy title, then flea in the dead of night. And no, Kovalev is no long ranked in the Top 5 at light heavy. Krusher is too busy drinking "WODKA" and beating women. He's been a sad shell since the second Ward fight. Lara, you say? Erislandy has helped me put the sleeping pills away. You guys seem to forget that this is the same guy who got a gift vs. Carlos Molina years ago. You reference his name as though you were talking about Benitez or McCallum.

You can type 4,000 words all you want, but the fact remains that Canelo has had a very carefully-crafted career starting with his first title against Hatton's cousin. Or did he win it against the immortal Ryan Rhodes? The fact that a character like Canelo can be in anyone's Top 10 P4P tells you just how diluted boxing is today. Put Andrade aside for a moment -- I'd love to see your boy get in the ring with Caleb Plant. Will he? I doubt it. That WBC belt is vacant and Uncle Mauricio has already greased the wheels for him to fight a Turkish soda can for it.
        Finally you answer some questions !

Danny fought

Porter
        Thurman
        Khan
        Matthysse
        Peterson
        All top fighters or near the top when he fought him them

Morales twice who was long in the tooth but still a legend. I was ringside when Danny won the first one for his first world title in Houston.

Zab who was also over the hill. Probably some other names half way worth mentioning like Kendall Holt, etc

And is soon to fight Spence

That is a Damn good resume and an acceptable answer. I won’t split hairs w you. That’s a great career there is arguably one guy in boxing w a better resume than Canelo. Granted, Danny lost two of those fights, but we are talking about fighters faced, not fighters beaten. Having said that though, nobody on that list is better than Mayweather,, but again, Danny faced 6 top guys so that’s a comparable resume to Canelo.

Of course Canelos fight w Kovalev was opportunistic. It was a two weight division jump similar to Roy Jones fighting at heavyweight. I agree 100 % that he jumped up simply to get a title he felt like he could grab and come back down. And I don’t fault him at all for that. He jumped up 2 divisions.

I also agree that him beating a Matthew Hatton for a vacant title was a BS move. I’m no fanboy. I can call out the BS when I see it. He was def coddled in the beginning of his career. Danny fought Rod Salka for Christ’s sakes. Danny has had more than his fair share of BS fights, and questionable decisions. Just cuz you have some soft stuff sprinkled in doesn’t negate or take away from the real challenges you faced. Say what you want about DSG but win lose or draw he is willing to take on the top names. I respect it. And the same has to be said for Alvarez.

And FYI boxrec has Kovalev still ranked as the #1 LHW in the world. Today.

The ring has him #3. Today

Transnational Boxing Rankings has him as #4. Today.

Those are three reputable sites that has him ranked highly. TBR usually being the most reputable.

Safe to say that before he lost to Canelo he was ranked higher than this on all 3 sites, so yes this was a good win for Alvarez.

Comment

I can't help it if you're a gushing, shameless fan boy. Was little Cotto not on the way out the door? Was Lara not selected because the fight would go to the cards? Was Kovalev not an alcoholic whose soul was stolen in the second Ward fight? Did Jacobs not fight a timid fight vs. Canelo? Why hasn't your boy fought Andrade yet? That man's chased him out of two divisions.
          Blackrob there’s no point to state facts to these Canelo fan boys.

Truth is Canelo is a good fighter not great and will never be considered great in my eyes because yeah he fought a bunch of names but 95% of them were smaller older fighters on their way out of the sport. The times he stepped up he lost and was awarded multiple gift decisions in order for him to continue the $$ train going for golden boy,Vegas and the WBC.

Canelo has Bivol,Benevitez,Plant,Beterbiev and Charlo to fight and he’s not going to fight any of them. Watch him agreed to a rubber match with GGG in 2021 since he will realize GGG is the easiest option since he’s almost 40

Canelo is bad for the sport and this lawsuit doesn’t help the sport since it paralyzing golden boy fighters and his opponents are on ice

Comment

Finally you answer some questions !

Danny fought

Porter
            Thurman
            Khan
            Matthysse
            Peterson
            All top fighters or near the top when he fought him them

Morales twice who was long in the tooth but still a legend. I was ringside when Danny won the first one for his first world title in Houston.

Zab who was also over the hill. Probably some other names half way worth mentioning like Kendall Holt, etc

And is soon to fight Spence

That is a Damn good resume and an acceptable answer. I won’t split hairs w you. That’s a great career there is arguably one guy in boxing w a better resume than Canelo. Granted, Danny lost two of those fights, but we are talking about fighters faced, not fighters beaten. Having said that though, nobody on that list is better than Mayweather,, but again, Danny faced 6 top guys so that’s a comparable resume to Canelo.

Of course Canelos fight w Kovalev was opportunistic. It was a two weight division jump similar to Roy Jones fighting at heavyweight. I agree 100 % that he jumped up simply to get a title he felt like he could grab and come back down. And I don’t fault him at all for that. He jumped up 2 divisions.

I also agree that him beating a Matthew Hatton for a vacant title was a BS move. I’m no fanboy. I can call out the BS when I see it. He was def coddled in the beginning of his career. Danny fought Rod Salka for Christ’s sakes. Danny has had more than his fair share of BS fights, and questionable decisions. Just cuz you have some soft stuff sprinkled in doesn’t negate or take away from the real challenges you faced. Say what you want about DSG but win lose or draw he is willing to take on the top names. I respect it. And the same has to be said for Alvarez.

And FYI boxrec has Kovalev still ranked as the #1 LHW in the world. Today.

The ring has him #3. Today

Transnational Boxing Rankings has him as #4. Today.

Those are three reputable sites that has him ranked highly. TBR usually being the most reputable.

Safe to say that before he lost to Canelo he was ranked higher than this on all 3 sites, so yes this was a good win for Alvarez.
            Finally, you start to see the light. I'm not saying Danny Garcia has faced anyone better than Floyd or even close, but his resume overall is probably the strongest in boxing. He lost to Porter and Thurman, but not by much. I believe he got gifts vs. Peterson and Herrera, so it kind of evens out. Canelo clearly wanted nothing to do with Bivol or Beterbiev. His intent was to grab a cheap title, then flee back to 160-168. No way in Hell Kovalev should still be in any Top 5 at 175. He got clocked by Alvarez, boxed cautiously to win back the title in the rematch, almost got stopped by the British kid, then played patty-cake with Canelo until finding a soft place to lie down on the canvas. Even the KO looked suspicious as Kovalev turned sideways after the first hard shot, almost as if to give Canelo a better angle to land the sleeper. Bivol, Beterbiev, Joe Smith, Pascal and Badou Jack all deserve to be ranked above Kovalev at this point.

Most of the rankings sites are a bit biased in some form or fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post

Truth is Canelo is a good fighter not great and will never be considered great in my eyes because yeah he fought a bunch of names but 95% of them were smaller older fighters on their way out of the sport. The times he stepped up he lost and was awarded multiple gift decisions in order for him to continue the $$ train going for golden boy,Vegas and the WBC.

Canelo has Bivol,Benevitez,Plant,Beterbiev and Charlo to fight and he’s not going to fight any of them. Watch him agreed to a rubber match with GGG in 2021 since he will realize GGG is the easiest option since he’s almost 40

Canelo is bad for the sport and this lawsuit doesn’t help the sport since it paralyzing golden boy fighters and his opponents are on ice
              I have nothing personal against Canelo, but the fact that his fans want us all to view him as some sort of mythical being that transcends the sport. Jacobs and Kovalev clearly were not trying to win vs. Canelo and were happy to get that check. We will never see him face Plant, Andrade, Bivol or Beterbiev for obvious reasons. The Andrade fight would be so easy to make because they're both under the same network umbrella, but I expect to see III vs. a 40 year old and shopworn GGG in late mid-2021.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post

I’m not talking talent. I’m talking resume and a willingness to face fighters plain and simple.

And I’m damn sure not a Canelo fanboy. I’ve rooted against him in all his big fights. Cotto. Lara. Mayweather. Golovkin 1 and 2. But resume is resume and his is one of the best in the sport among active fighters.

I don’t view Lara as a smaller fighter. They were the same size. I do think Alvarez lost, he faced him at a time in his career when he didn’t have to. After struggling pretty bad w Austin Trout he still fought him.

Golovkin had been chasing a credible name for YEARS and Canelo was the guy who moved up and fought him in his 4th fight at 160. I thought he lost that First one too. But it was close and he faced him.

And Rematched him. Thought Canelo clearly won the rematch. Just my opinion.

Jacobs certainly was not a fighter that was smaller or on his way out.

Finally, you start to see the light. I'm not saying Danny Garcia has faced anyone better than Floyd or even close, but his resume overall is probably the strongest in boxing. He lost to Porter and Thurman, but not by much. .
                Danny and Canelo both have a lot of names on their resume. They both have some gift decisions on their resume too. I think resumes like these proves that the fighters aren’t ducks. I’m not saying they are the best fighters of all time, Jesus. I’m just saying they ain’t duckers.

Canelo moves up TWO DIVISIONS to 175 for the right fight. So what ? That’s what Roy did for his Heavyweight belt. So since he didn’t go fight Lennox Lewis he’s a duck ? Come on, man.

Nobody fights everybody. Everybody gets some questionable decisions, and all fighters make business moves. It’s part of the game. Calling Danny a duck is a stretch. Some may say he wasn’t knocking on Spence door until later, but he challenged him before his accident, when Spence had belts (and a big name, and a good PPV) and Danny didn’t. Business move. Calling Canelo a duck is even more of a stretch if you’re throwing around Boo Boo Andrades name.

Im pretty certain we see Canelo face At least any 3 of Andrade, Saunders, Smith, Benavidez, Charlo, or Plant (Who Canelo tried to make a fight w but Plant didn’t like the timing or terms) within his next 6 fights. All these guys are probably younger than him so it won’t be because they are old. But let’s be real folks, Canelo makes tens of millions on his gate, which mfers can’t attend so if he trying to take lower profile fights to preserve his money that doesn’t make him a duck. It just makes business sense.

Comment

I’m not talking talent. I’m talking resume and a willingness to face fighters plain and simple.

And I’m damn sure not a Canelo fanboy. I’ve rooted against him in all his big fights. Cotto. Lara. Mayweather. Golovkin 1 and 2. But resume is resume and his is one of the best in the sport among active fighters.

I don’t view Lara as a smaller fighter. They were the same size. I do think Alvarez lost, he faced him at a time in his career when he didn’t have to. After struggling pretty bad w Austin Trout he still fought him.

Golovkin had been chasing a credible name for YEARS and Canelo was the guy who moved up and fought him in his 4th fight at 160. I thought he lost that First one too. But it was close and he faced him.

And Rematched him. Thought Canelo clearly won the rematch. Just my opinion.

Jacobs certainly was not a fighter that was smaller or on his way out.

Danny and Canelo both have a lot of names on their resume. They both have some gift decisions on their resume too. I think resumes like these proves that the fighters aren’t ducks. I’m not saying they are the best fighters of all time, Jesus. I’m just saying they ain’t duckers.

Canelo moves up TWO DIVISIONS to 175 for the right fight. So what ? That’s what Roy did for his Heavyweight belt. So since he didn’t go fight Lennox Lewis he’s a duck ? Come on, man.

Nobody fights everybody. Everybody gets some questionable decisions, and all fighters make business moves. It’s part of the game. Calling Danny a duck is a stretch. Some may say he wasn’t knocking on Spence door until later, but he challenged him before his accident, when Spence had belts (and a big name, and a good PPV) and Danny didn’t. Business move. Calling Canelo a duck is even more of a stretch if you’re throwing around Boo Boo Andrades name.

Im pretty certain we see Canelo face At least any 3 of Andrade, Saunders, Smith, Benavidez, Charlo, or Plant (Who Canelo tried to make a fight w but Plant didn’t like the timing or terms) within his next 6 fights. All these guys are probably younger than him so it won’t be because they are old. But let’s be real folks, Canelo makes tens of millions on his gate, which mfers can’t attend so if he trying to take lower profile fights to preserve his money that doesn’t make him a duck. It just makes business sense.
                  The problem with taking lesser fights for now is the fact that Canelo wants the same money DAZN's contract with him promises. That's unrealistic and not happening. DAZN isn't paying him sick money to fight soda cans. Canelo is starting to look like so much of a clown, even his Mexican fans are starting to turn on him.

Comment

The problem with taking lesser fights for now is the fact that Canelo wants the same money DAZN's contract with him promises. That's unrealistic and not happening. DAZN isn't paying him sick money to fight soda cans. Canelo is starting to look like so much of a clown, even his Mexican fans are starting to turn on him.

Incorrect. He agreed to less money, but DAZN was trying to get him to take less than what he was comfortable with. Not saying either DAZN or Canelo are wrong. These are negotiations and business moves. But a contract was signed, yet he was still willing to take less cash from the network and forfeit his gate money due to COVID.

Comment

Incorrect. He agreed to less money, but DAZN was trying to get him to take less than what he was comfortable with. Not saying either DAZN or Canelo are wrong. These are negotiations and business moves. But a contract was signed, yet he was still willing to take less cash from the network and forfeit his gate money due to COVID.
                      Do you have proof of this or are you just talking out of your neck as most Canelo apologists do? If what you say is even remotely true, he would not be suing DAZN and his promoter.

Comment

Working...
                      X