Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

250lb Marciano, Most Powerful of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kid Achilles
    No one is holding his lack of height against him or saying it made him less of a fighter, we are just trying to straighten this matter out for the hell of it.
    yea i know that m8

well i know the debate has raged for ages..........

but ive never seen any proof.........his official height in one of the books im looking at now has him at 5'11.5.......

thats good enough for me........
    it just seems funny to me that mike would be so self conciuos about his height...........its kinda like a woman and her age lol..........

Comment

• oh one last thing..........

is it actually legal for a fighter to wear shoes with raisers in?
      sounds like it could be against the rules ........but i dont actually know.....just out of interest

Comment

• Originally posted by micky_knox
        oh one last thing..........

is it actually legal for a fighter to wear shoes with raisers in?
        sounds like it could be against the rules ........but i dont actually know.....just out of interest
        to the best of my knowledge its not against the rules.......

Comment

I have seen that picture before and it means nothing because he is likely wearing shoes or even boots. When I measure my height it is barefoot or in thin socks. This is how all of the greats were measured. Everyone I have talked to who've seen Tyson in person all say he is no bigger than 5'10", possibly a bit shorter than that. These are guys who were 5'10"- 5'11" themselves. They would know if he was close to 6 feet tall.
          tyson is bare foot in that pic . I have a video of it . Tyson was measured in the build up to the tyson - biggs fight by hbo to end all the media speculation there was about his height . Tyson was measured bare foot and they showed a full shot of him and he was found to be 5'11 and a half .

Comment

• who cares to be honest..

I believe Tyson was 5'9 and wore Risers in his shoes just the thickness of his shoes was a give away...

Comment

People shrink when they get older but not when they are still in their late 30's. Tyson is old for a boxer but he's far from an old man.
              Height can also be gained from muscle mass. Tyson evidently does not have the same muscle mass today as he did 20 years ago, so that could have made him shrink an inch.

Comment

• Originally posted by catskills23
                tyson is bare foot in that pic . I have a video of it . Tyson was measured in the build up to the tyson - biggs fight by hbo to end all the media speculation there was about his height . Tyson was measured bare foot and they showed a full shot of him and he was found to be 5'11 and a half .

Thank you.

Is that not enough evidence guys?

Oh and Tyson is not even stretching if you know what i mean. He's just standing there ''chilling''. His head isn't even straight. So Tyson was barefeet, and he truly was 5,11 1/2.

Evidence cannot be disproven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yaman
                  Thank you.

Is that not enough evidence guys?

Oh and Tyson is not even stretching if you know what i mean. He's just standing there ''chilling''. His head isn't even straight. So Tyson was barefeet, and he truly was 5,11 1/2.

Evidence cannot be disproven.
                  It doesn't really matter because wether he's 5'9 or 5'10 or 5'11 or 5'11 1/2 or 6'0 he still dominated the ring for most of the 80's and some of the 90's and in my book is an all time great..

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
                    It doesn't really matter because wether he's 5'9 or 5'10 or 5'11 or 5'11 1/2 or 6'0 he still dominated the ring for most of the 80's and some of the 90's and in my book is an all time great..
                    agreed.............

Comment

• Can someone get that picture of Tyson posing with, I think it was, Chris Eubank, and looking the shorter man? The person in question was definitely a british middleweight, either Eubank (5'10") or Nigel Benn (5'9 1/2"), and he was taller than Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                      X