Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minorities of the lounge, how has life been since Trump's election?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Minorities of the lounge, how has life been since Trump's election?

I feel that white nationalists (and insensitive whites in general) have become a lot more emboldened and brazen in their anti political correctness stance. To me it feels like they have done a complete 360 and think they can say or do as they please. I already documented my experience of being called a 'Chinaman' at Big 5 Sporting Goods, and the mood has become rather more abrasive since this election. I have also noticed that other minorities look to be 'hunkering down' so to speak.

I believe (after consulting with my hispanic and black friends post election) that more people are become resigned to the fact that we live in a racist society, and that the election of Obama was simply a mirage. I just hope we don't become too divided within the next four years, hopefully Sanders runs again, he seems like he has the spirit that can unite us.

Are you more paranoid ? Around white people I feel like they probably insult me behind my back? And make fun of me. I can't trust people anymore. all my friends whom I thought were welcoming and tolerant? The ones who even invited me to slumber parties back in the day.... what did they really think of me? Did they vote for Trump?

I honestly don't feel/experience any change at all. I'm a US citizen so Trump's immigration policy doesn't affect me negatively. As far white people being more racist, I haven't experienced any.

Then again larryx was scared of me when he saw my pic, I don't think any white would dare calling me racist names.

Comment

They deported my Mexican ass back to Guadalajara

Comment

Well, to be honest, life has pretty much been exactly the same for me. Although that's not saying much, because Trumps presidency is still in its infancy.

That, and I'm a black South African. So I'm actually in the majority. And not American.

PS: A complete 360 would mean they would have spun all the way around, and landed right back where they started. I think you meant a complete 180.

Comment

Nothing at all has changed for me, aside from laughing at a bunch of whining liberals

Comment

Racism is just in ur mind

Not saying that it does not exist

But if u think more about it ull see it

And it does make u racist urself
            Because u pay more attention to a race u consider racist

Every country has its own racist
            Why cant america have one?

Keep minding ur sheet

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
              Racism is just in ur mind

Not saying that it does not exist

But if u think more about it ull see it

And it does make u racist urself
              Because u pay more attention to a race u consider racist

Every country has its own racist
              Why cant america have one?

Keep minding ur sheet
              I don't think the problem with Trump is that he's racist, I think the problem is that he's stupid. At least in my opinion, and stupid/simple presidents are divisive and destructive.

You need only look at South Africa. Jacob Zuma has completely destroyed this country, and we're RIGHT on the brink of something worse than destruction.

That said, I completely respect President Trump's ability to follow through on his promises. A politician who keeps even a portion of his promises is refreshing as ****.

Comment

Exactly the same...well, I got a 5% raise since the election but that wasn't because of trump. Life is good once you turn off the television news

Comment

Too much crying

Man the f up

Boo hoo ppl are racist

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
                    I feel that white nationalists (and insensitive whites in general) have become a lot more emboldened and brazen in their anti political correctness stance. To me it feels like they have done a complete 360 and think they can say or do as they please. I already documented my experience of being called a 'Chinaman' at Big 5 Sporting Goods, and the mood has become rather more abrasive since this election. I have also noticed that other minorities look to be 'hunkering down' so to speak.

I believe (after consulting with my hispanic and black friends post election) that more people are become resigned to the fact that we live in a racist society, and that the election of Obama was simply a mirage. I just hope we don't become too divided within the next four years, hopefully Sanders runs again, he seems like he has the spirit that can unite us.

Are you more paranoid ? Around white people I feel like they probably insult me behind my back? And make fun of me. I can't trust people anymore. all my friends whom I thought were welcoming and tolerant? The ones who even invited me to slumber parties back in the day.... what did they really think of me? Did they vote for Trump?
                    God damn dude...you are one sensitive snowflake tago. Don't want to be called a f@g? Stop washing your Prius in booty shorts

Comment

Working...
                    X