Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a damn shame that J-rock turned out to have a not so good chin...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    Yea he should have held and the fight didn't need to be stopped there imo...charlo didn't land any of his follow up shots cleanly. I doubt it woulda made a difference...the range he was fighting at coupled with his inability to handle the power was a bad mix. It was probably a matter of time. Who knows tho...if it went deep i think j rocks edge in skill would have just become more evident...he was really boxing beautifully.
    I was being sarcastic. Jrock clearly lost the round and was hurt on that giddup. He could've at least used some lateral movement to ease out the birds. Lara is great at counterattacking on strikes while moving. Jrock with too much pride in reppin Philly hustle... I agree, it was really really goood technical fight. Jrock too ****y in the pocket imo when hurt. smh

Comment

Originally posted by TheSurgeonMDMPH View Post
      The best fight of the night imo.
      Mares vs cuellar was nice too.

Comment

Yea he should have held and the fight didn't need to be stopped there imo...charlo didn't land any of his follow up shots cleanly. I doubt it woulda made a difference...the range he was fighting at coupled with his inability to handle the power was a bad mix. It was probably a matter of time. Who knows tho...if it went deep i think j rocks edge in skill would have just become more evident...he was really boxing beautifully.
        Dude lost in 5 and you still think Williams would have won in 12, give Charlo his props. 90% of this forum was crapping on him hust yesterday and he got J-Rock out of there is 5.

And watching the fight, J-Rock basically showed us every thing he had. He was doing a lot of stuff in that ring. Charlo on the othwr hand didn't have to go into another orbit. He fought the same from round 1 through 5. Because he didn't have to change up.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          It's unfortunate some boxers have too much pride on holding when hurt... I mean even GGG holds...

The only reason Jrock lost was because he didn't hold. If you've lost the round for getting sparked, there's no need to milk out safety and regroup. The best of the best have done it for ages.
          Give Charlo his respect. Dude was hurting him with a Jab. Only a matter of time hold or no hold

Comment

Jermall had real malice in his fists tonight, J-rock fucked with the wrong dude but I think he will live on and get better.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              Dude lost in 5 and you still think Williams would have won in 12, give Charlo his props. 90% of this forum was crapping on him hust yesterday and he got J-Rock out of there is 5.

And watching the fight, J-Rock basically showed us every thing he had. He was doing a lot of stuff in that ring. Charlo on the othwr hand didn't have to go into another orbit. He fought the same from round 1 through 5. Because he didn't have to change up.
              My instinct is that charlo would have caught him in an exchange eventually...i said it "could have" gone williams way. That's why it's a shame the fight got cut short...it was entertaining and building. One of those fights i feel ripped off when it doesn't go rounds. Props to charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                There isn't a JMW on the planet that could've took that uppercut. It's the punches you don't see that put you out.
                Exactly. These noobs are so quick to label Williams' chin as glass just because he got hit with an uppercut that would have knocked out anyone.

Williams got caught but i thought he was doing real good up to that point.

Comment

That troll is the biggest casual on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    Give Charlo his respect. Dude was hurting him with a Jab. Only a matter of time hold or no hold
                    the were both tagging each other nicely in this fight. Jrock should've focused more on defense ala Lamont Peterson style and tire out Charlo. Thing is, Andrade vs Charlo is soon to come. The Charlo situation is a very mysterious one because as I said previously, I don't know why Jermell vs Lara can't happen objectively. Technically Jermell is no longer tied to Shields.... It's a fcked up situation. Ironically PBC should be mandating these house fighters to go against each other, especially for the fact that Alvarez is HBO and in the WBO where the other council champions are not even swimming in.

What's left? North?

Comment

He hit him flush with an uppercut coming forward. Chin ain't got nothing to do with that. What 154lber would've survived that shot? It's not his chin, he took a chance and reached and got caught with a perfect shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X