No announcement yet.

XBox Scorpio will be better than the PS4 Pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBox Scorpio will be better than the PS4 Pro

GPU: Intergrated AMD graphics with 6tflops (equal to GTX 1070 graphics card in PC equivalent)
    320GB/s bandwidth (same bandwidth as GTX 1080 GPU)
    Memory unknown, but you can specuate it will be at least 8GB like the One and the S or higher (12GB RAM)
    CPU: Probably 8-core AMD CPU, unkown at the time
    Storage: Starting with 1TB
    Optical drive: 4K HDR Blu Ray drive (Confirmed)
    Oculus support for VR(rumor)
    Console Prices:
    EDIT: I was wrong, XBox One X will cost $499.99

XBox Scorpio's biggest selling point: GPU power and 4K BR drive

PS4 Pro highlights:

GPU: 4.2 tflops integrated AMD Polaris GPU
    Unknown bandwidth (rumoured 218GB/s)
    Memory: 8GB GDDR5
    Storage: 1TB
    Optical Drive: Blu Ray/DVD (Sony says no 4K Blu Ray drive because "streaming is the future" and hard discs are getting old) (paraphrase)
    PSVR
    Console Price:
    $399.99

PS4's biggest selling point: PSVR, 4K

Forbes destroys PS4 Pro's reasoning on not having a 4K BR drive:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarch.../#456c0b1a39b9

They will be one year apart so PS4 Pro will have the edge, but obviously XBS will be the superior machine

Sony pissed off a lot of hard disc buyers, many people don't have the internet speed to play 4K streaming, and hard disc 4K content is much better than streaming it as far quality goes

Who you got?
    XBox Scorpio
    53.85%
    PS4 Pro
    46.15%
    Last edited by -Kev-; 07-10-2017, 08:48 AM.

Bottom line:

XBox next console gives you two things for the price of one, a powerful console and a UHD BR drive

If you are looking to upgrade your home entertainment with a UHD BR player next year, just wait for the new XB

If you go the PS4 Pro route you're probably getting it strictly for their exclusives, and if you also want a UHD BR player, you'll be looking at $399.99 for the system, at least $319.99 for the UHD Blu Ray player (cheapest one on the market), and you'll also want to take advantage of PSVR capabilities of the PS4 Pro, that's another $399.99 for the PSVR. If you are still a 1080p TV owner, you'll probably want to upgrade to a good 4K TV. The best "cheap" 4K TV on the market that has pretty good standard specs is probably LG's 55UH6150 model for $699.99. If you want to future proof and you have money like that, you'll end up paying over $1k, with the best one's going over $2-3k

If you couldn't careless about a UHD BR drive, already have a 4K tv, even if you want a UHD BR player you'll get one down the line when the library of movies is deeper, don't care about the lesser power of the PS4 Pro, and you don't mind streaming 4K content and your 4K movie experience taking a hit, and last but not least you care more about the exclusives athan absolutely anything else, then go with the PS4 Pro

Which one is Kev getting? I have a PC with a GTX 1080, and a 1440p 144hz monitor. For sports game sake (MLB The Show) and NBA 2K which is on both, i'm getting the PS4 Pro. But what i'm going to do is, since I don't have a 4K BR player, i'm just going to wait until 2017 holiday to get the new XB console since it brings the UHD BR drive. Yes in other words I will end up with both systems

But my argument still holds, if you are BRAND new to the next gen...the best system you can get is propbably going to be the next XB, in terms of power and what you are getting for you're money a 2 in 1. Don't forget also that the Pro costs $400 for 1TB, if you spend $400 on the XB next year, you'll be getting the 2TB version

Comment

The scorpio will also run most Microsoft games natively at 4k, while sony has announced that their games will only be upscaled to 4k

Comment

THey won this last round of console wars, but they're handing this round over to xbox.

Comment

Can I still play my PS4 games on the PS4 Pro? Just asking because I sold my ps4 recently because I was broke and all my games were digital so would I have to buy all those games over again?

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
            Can I still play my PS4 games on the PS4 Pro? Just asking because I sold my ps4 recently because I was broke and all my games were digital so would I have to buy all those games over again?
            PS4 Pro will run them and newer games will run better.

XBox scorpio pricing is pure especulation. Considering Microsft won't sell at a loss it will be 400 at least. So PSPro can be easily dropped 100 below whatever Microsoft launches at...

Scorpio is basically a generational change by Microsoft because they lost with One while PS4Pro is just an update. Nothin stopping Sony from coming out with a PS5 in 2 years.

Frankly, if both console manufacturers are gonna start jumping the gun for quick hardware updates to claim power superiority, I'll just get a PC for my main gaming experience....if anything, Windows 10 integration makes Xbox redundant. Sony has it's own exclusive franchises at least.
            Last edited by -Hyperion-; 09-20-2016, 12:26 AM.

Comment

XBS will reportedly be 40% more powerful than the PS4 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                PS4 Pro will run them and newer games will run better.

XBox scorpio pricing is pure especulation. Considering Microsft won't sell at a loss it will be 400 at least. So PSPro can be easily dropped 100 below whatever Microsoft launches at...

Scorpio is basically a generational change by Microsoft because they lost with One while PS4Pro is just an update. Nothin stopping Sony from coming out with a PS5 in 2 years.

Frankly, if both console manufacturers are gonna start jumping the gun for quick hardware updates to claim power superiority, I'll just get a PC for my main gaming experience....if anything, Windows 10 integration makes Xbox redundant. Sony has it's own exclusive franchises at least.
                Microsoft needs to realize when pricing the system that although announcing a GPU equal to the GTX 1070 now is great, 40% more powerful than the PS4 Pro, 5x more powerful than the XBOne, that by holiday 2017 there will more powerful GPU's out there and the 1070 and 1080 will be cheaper. So to make a console the price of a PC would be terrible if they want great sales

Comment

If I need a console solely for playing games, which would be better?

No I dont have a 4K screen

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    If I need a console solely for playing games, which would be better?

No I dont have a 4K screen
                    From what's available right now, the PS4 Pro

The PS4 beat the XBO in their initial battle, and in this rematch too, XBS got left in the dust by the Pro. The PS4 Pro is more powerful than the new XBO S, which has a built in UHD Blu Ray drive while the PS4 Pro does not, that's the only downside. PS4 Pro is considerably more powerful than the XBS. 4.14 Teraflops for the Pro vs 1.32 Tflops for the XBS, this makes the Pro 3x more powerful

Teraflops in a nutshell: How fast it is = 4.14 teraflops is a very fast gaming machine

Here's Forbes 6 reasons to get a PS4 Pro over the XBS

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain.../#1b93fdca4ad6

If you are not much of a gamer and just want the fastest machine in the next year and you don't mind waiting until holiday 2017, just wait for the XB Scorpio, which will be the most powerful gaming console ever made, and like I said before, if you do get convinced into switching to 4K you'll knock two birds with one stone with the XB Scorpio because you'll skip out on buying a 4K BR player which costs as much as a console

Comment

Working...
                    X