Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crossfit and boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol crossfit is the biggest ****ing joke in the world. Try doing workouts with proper form and you'll exceed any results without the injuries crossfit can provide. 95$ for a piece of **** high intensity workout with wrong form. You're getting ****ed over bro.

Comment

Any training is better than no training. With that said , crossfit is expensive as ****. I live in montreal , there are a few crossfit gyms here , cant believe how expensive it is.

Comment

nothing against crossfit because a huge percentage of the world doesnt train so anything to get people working out is good. this is a boxing website and if your actually training to compete as a fighter and you do crossfit you need to seriously reconsider. time spent doing the "WOD" and all that jazz. crossfit will in general drop bodyfat but not really make you elite in anything. power/strength/speed/explosive those are the only reasons a fighter needs any type of weight training so why waste the valuable time your not doing skills with some bull**** fad. I use weights as a means to an end, to be a better athlete. crossfit is the ends. you do crossfit to get better at doing crossfit. period.

Comment

crossfit is amazing. got in the best shape of my life and stayed there.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
            nothing against crossfit because a huge percentage of the world doesnt train so anything to get people working out is good. this is a boxing website and if your actually training to compete as a fighter and you do crossfit you need to seriously reconsider. time spent doing the "WOD" and all that jazz. crossfit will in general drop bodyfat but not really make you elite in anything. power/strength/speed/explosive those are the only reasons a fighter needs any type of weight training so why waste the valuable time your not doing skills with some bull**** fad. I use weights as a means to an end, to be a better athlete. crossfit is the ends. you do crossfit to get better at doing crossfit. period.
            you are talking out of your ass. Crossfit pretty much made me bulletproof in the ring. you don't understand how hard they push you at crossfit.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
              Lol crossfit is the biggest ****ing joke in the world. Try doing workouts with proper form and you'll exceed any results without the injuries crossfit can provide. 95$ for a piece of **** high intensity workout with wrong form. You're getting ****ed over bro.
              This to an extent. I've heard great things, have heard horror stories too..and I've seen some **** that makes me wonder why the f uck anyone would encourage such bad form. I guess having if you have a good foundation and are already relatively "fit" it could be a good challenge..but wow I've seen some god awful ish.

For those curious they sometimes have some great groupon specials for those interested.

For those who kind of know wtf they're doing or know their body, you can achieve the same results or better at a gym or with some friends. You honestly don't even need to lift weights to get stronger if you work with your own body weight but that's a different story. Like I have always been told "Whatever works for you"
              Last edited by NearHypnos; 02-09-2013, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Crossfit

I coach a lot of boxers right now and honestly i am trying to set something up for them as a group to do the WOD at the local crossfit gym a few times a week.. It will make you punch harder, take a punch better, and most importantly will make you mentally tough.. Which in my opinion is the biggest benefit especially to some of the high risk youth that our in the boxing game.. Boxers hate weights but all the best do it and when Manny was on top he was lifting and that's the truth. Marquez lifted a lot during his camp and Manny didn't, i'm just saying......Olympic lifts are the way to go and the USA boxing team should defiantly doing crossfit type lifts at the OTC..

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
                  You're wrong. Crossfit is geared towards functional training. Functional training is a classification of exercise which involves training the body for the activities performed in daily life. The includes boxing!!!

Comment

Over here it's $50 per month, unlimited access. It's still more expensive than going to the fitness gym or at my local boxing gym.

Cross-fit is very popular here and a lot of my friends are obsessed with it. However, I've spoken to a number of physicians who're beginning to speak against it because a lot of "cross-fitters" are over-doing it. I don't know how it is in USA but over here it has almost become a religion. Speak against it and they'll hang you.

We had 3 boxers at my boxing gym who also did cross-fit. They're all out with back, knee and neck injuries. Cross-fit has some good routines but a lot of it are just fundamentally wrong seen from a health perspective. Running on pavement isn't good for your joints. Imagine how your joints will react to cross-fit after you've done it in 5-15 years.

I stick to my coaches boxing routines, do a lot of roadwork in the forrest and on sand and I'll always keep a jump rope with me.

Comment

According to me that both of has own importance.Some people like
                      the crossfit and some people like boxing.Both of the best for fitness
                      and keep maintain of the body weight.So i like the crossfit and
                      boxing....

Comment

Working...
                      X