Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why in the movie Ali do they try to make it look like Foreman was winning the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why in the movie is will smith muhammad ali? he's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Larry it's a movie relax. It's drama, adds to the movie. Why in the movie 300 do they make it seem like the Spartans held their own when history has it that they got their azes handed to them in less than one day? Like I said its drama let it be. Take a chill poll down a 40 of OE and put some hand lotion
      Of all the historical inaccuracies in that film you pick something that actually happened to use as your point. Lol

The Spartans and other Greeks did hold there own for 7 days which ultimately allowed the Greeks to beat the Persians.
      Last edited by -Lowkey-; 01-27-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

If I recall that did happen, just with less epic music. Ali took a bit of a break laid on the ropes and was getting pounded to the body. Some people even though Ali was throwing the fight

Comment

Why did Hitler die in inglorious bastards ?

Everyone knows he's alive and well living in Argentina.

Comment

Because Charles Shufford boxes better than Will Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
              Of all the historical inaccuracies in that film you pick something that actually happened to use as your point. Lol

The Spartans and other Greeks did hold there own for 7 days which ultimately allowed the Greeks to beat the Persians.
              True, but that was around 8000 men, the 300 Spartans ( along with others)that stayed behind after they had been betrayed and flanked, only lasted a short time.

Comment

The movie "The Hurricane" starring Denzel Washington, depicts Rubin "Hurricane" Carter easily beating Joey Giardello, but ringside judges were racially biased and gave the win to Giardello.

The Joey Giardello sued the producers of the movie because he felt he really did win that fight handily and not the way the movie portrayed it. They settled out of court.

From what I've read, Joey Giardello easily beat Carter. Check out Joey Giardello's boxrec. You'll see he has some notable wins that will surprise you.
                Last edited by SnoopySmurf; 01-27-2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

What I remember about that movie was when Don King punked the s**t out of Bob Arum and took Ali from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                    What I remember about that movie was when Don King punked the s**t out of Bob Arum and took Ali from him.
                    where was that in the movie??cause ive seen it 100 times and dont remember Arum in it at all

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post

I'm half greek and I read that, and was like "What the hell"??? Now they exaggerated the number of persians, as it wasn't a million of them, but it was thousands of them. But I love how he picks an example of somethin g that actually did happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X