No announcement yet.

mayweather has two year left to live!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mayweather has two year left to live!

Legendary trainer, Floyd Mayweather Sr. suffers from the same disease that took the life of actor/comedian Bernie Mac this past summer. Mayweather Sr., has Sarcoidosis, a lung disease also known as Besnier-Boeck disease.

Sarcoidosis is an immune system disorder characterized by non-caseating granulomas (small inflammatory nodules). The cause of the disease is still unknown. The disease is known to attack any organ; however

the disease most often appears in the lungs or the lymph nodes. Sarcoidosis may lead to death

Mayweather Sr. recently discussed his disease with the Grand Rapids Press. Mayweather Sr. doesn't feel he has more than 2 years remaining on his life. Quoted recently by the publication, Mayweather Sr. stated in regards to his battle with sarcoidosis: "It's tough and I don't see me carrying on for another two years."

WOW this is the time Him and Jr make up.....

Comment

Originally posted by chosen1 View Post
      Legendary trainer, Floyd Mayweather Sr. suffers from the same disease that took the life of actor/comedian Bernie Mac this past summer. Mayweather Sr., has Sarcoidosis, a lung disease also known as Besnier-Boeck disease.

Sarcoidosis is an immune system disorder characterized by non-caseating granulomas (small inflammatory nodules). The cause of the disease is still unknown. The disease is known to attack any organ; however

the disease most often appears in the lungs or the lymph nodes. Sarcoidosis may lead to death

Mayweather Sr. recently discussed his disease with the Grand Rapids Press. Mayweather Sr. doesn't feel he has more than 2 years remaining on his life. Quoted recently by the publication, Mayweather Sr. stated in regards to his battle with sarcoidosis: "It's tough and I don't see me carrying on for another two years."

I have a friend who's dad has just been diagnosed with this.

Comment

I hope him and jr finally make up and train for 1 more fight together and beat a tough opponent like cotto or margo

Comment

no

he is saying he has two more years left in boxing not to live

Comment

Originally posted by ULTIMATEBOXA View Post
            no

he is saying he has two more years left in boxing not to live
            That's what I was thinking. It also says the disease 'may' lead to death. It would be sad to see him die on the job and I hope he gets to fulfill his ambitions in boxing.

Comment

this is sad news i didnt knew it...he looks like hes taking his desease with a great spirit seeing him joking and ryming in his public showings

Comment

Mailbag: Floyd Sr. faces a different foe
                By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports
                4 hours, 26 minutes ago

Floyd Mayweather Sr. was unusually solemn Saturday after helping Ricky Hatton to an 11th round technical knockout victory over Paulie Malignaggi in their super lightweight bout at the MGM Grand Garden.

The colorful boxing trainer has never met a camera or a tape recorder that he doesn’t like, but after most reporters had left the media center on Saturday, he turned down the volume and was far less outrageous than the public persona he portrays.

He said he plans to continue to train boxers for no more than two years, and perhaps as little as just another year, as he battles the disease sarcoidosis.

Though Mayweather Sr. considers his greatest gift his ability to teach young boxers, he said he isn’t interesting in taking on a challenge like that at this stage of his life.

“I just don’t have the time to do that now,” Mayweather Sr., 56, said.

According to the Sarcoidosis Research Institute’s web site, it is “a complex disease for which the cause and cure are unknown. Sarcoidosis involves inflammation that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body. The lumps are called granulomas because under the microscope they look like grains of sugar or sand. When these granulomas invade the body they can cause permanent damage to the affected organ.”

Mayweather said his lungs are affected and that physical exertion often exacerbates his condition. He said he’s not looking for a large group of boxers to train, nor does he want to try to teach a young fighter from scratch.

“I’m going to see how it goes,” said Mayweather, who taught his son, one-time pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr., the basics of the game at an early age. “But I know it’s not going to be long. I am pretty sure I’m not going to be doing this more than two years. This lung disease is what I have to worry about.”

As we wish Mayweather the best of luck and health in his fight against sarcoidosis, we’ll now turn our attention to reader questions and comments in this week’s edition of the boxing mailbag.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Comment

Originally posted by ULTIMATEBOXA View Post
                  Mailbag: Floyd Sr. faces a different foe
                  By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports
                  4 hours, 26 minutes ago

Floyd Mayweather Sr. was unusually solemn Saturday after helping Ricky Hatton to an 11th round technical knockout victory over Paulie Malignaggi in their super lightweight bout at the MGM Grand Garden.

The colorful boxing trainer has never met a camera or a tape recorder that he doesn’t like, but after most reporters had left the media center on Saturday, he turned down the volume and was far less outrageous than the public persona he portrays.

He said he plans to continue to train boxers for no more than two years, and perhaps as little as just another year, as he battles the disease sarcoidosis.

Though Mayweather Sr. considers his greatest gift his ability to teach young boxers, he said he isn’t interesting in taking on a challenge like that at this stage of his life.

“I just don’t have the time to do that now,” Mayweather Sr., 56, said.

According to the Sarcoidosis Research Institute’s web site, it is “a complex disease for which the cause and cure are unknown. Sarcoidosis involves inflammation that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body. The lumps are called granulomas because under the microscope they look like grains of sugar or sand. When these granulomas invade the body they can cause permanent damage to the affected organ.”

Mayweather said his lungs are affected and that physical exertion often exacerbates his condition. He said he’s not looking for a large group of boxers to train, nor does he want to try to teach a young fighter from scratch.

“I’m going to see how it goes,” said Mayweather, who taught his son, one-time pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr., the basics of the game at an early age. “But I know it’s not going to be long. I am pretty sure I’m not going to be doing this more than two years. This lung disease is what I have to worry about.”

As we wish Mayweather the best of luck and health in his fight against sarcoidosis, we’ll now turn our attention to reader questions and comments in this week’s edition of the boxing mailbag.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
                  thats crazy!!! maxboxing tried to make it seem like he finna die tommorow or somethin

Comment

Originally posted by chosen1 View Post

I'm pretty confident he means carry on training fighters, not carry on living.

Comment

Working...
                    X