Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Ward Mistreated By Media, HBO - Why Wouldn't He Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Took million tuneups before the first fight, got outlanded, dropped and turned the fight into a clinchfest which......................70% of viewers felt the champ deserved the win. Now, coWard is tossing up retirement talks because he knows he got a gift and in a rematch, Kovalev will show him zero mercy at all knowing the fight cannot go to the judges. coWard realizes this, the fear of GKTFO has set in.
    Kovalev held and clinched more in the fight bro....

Comment

• **** HBO. Too much propaganda and bull**** coming out of that network right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        I know divas are usually delusional, but this is a whole new level. I guess we know where Ward gets it from now. Virgil never stops to think that if things were set up in Kovalev's favor, why did Ward get the ultimate favor and receive the decision in a fight Ward himself said could have gone either way? If it could have gone either way, and the fix was in for Kovalev, then why didn't it go Kovalev's way?

And now they're saying 175 is a weight class Ward doesn't belong in? Seriously? If he doesn't belong there how come Virgil was saying just six months ago that Ward was, and I muthafllcking quote, a "scaled down light heavyweight" even when he fought at super middleweight, and why did Ward say it was a struggle just to make 175 now? These scared fllcking divas.

KOVALEV GOT THEM SHOOK. Period. I wasn't sure before, thought maybe they were just playing scared to promote the rematch more, but now it's clear, Kovalev got them shook for real. That tells you who they know really won the fight and kicked Ward's ass.
        100% Ward wasnt only beaten by kovalev, he was emasculated. Beat that boy like he owned his a**. The boy got fear issues and doubts himself. Most coddled person ive ever seen in sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          Kovalev held and clinched more in the fight bro....
          Clear lie. Kov beat that boy to death on the outsude and wards only survival technique was to rush inside and grab on to kov. Kov grabbed ward back to get him away from butting and mauling him like he did to froch and Kessler. Kov was having none of that coward stuff. Kov fights like a man not like a ghetto boy holding like a girl at prom

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Truth View Post
            Clear lie. Kov beat that boy to death on the outsude and wards only survival technique was to rush inside and grab on to kov. Kov grabbed ward back to get him away from butting and mauling him like he did to froch and Kessler. Kov was having none of that coward stuff. Kov fights like a man not like a ghetto boy holding like a girl at prom
            Lol! Silly rabbit...tricks are for kids.

Comment

• Golovkin should retire too. Pacquiao gets called a juicer on american tv all the time, its the worst smearing i've witnessed. Alot of fans also hated Floyd, he should have retired ages ago too.

Comment

• “He has options after boxing. He just got over in England on the broadcast team. Love him, treat him well. Here with broadcasting he’s told that ‘you’re an active fighter. You can’t broadcast.’ But I see B-Hop. I see Roy. So what does that say?”

No one wants to hear Ward though. He's too smug. Plus, we know you're preparing people for an announcement soon that he's retired. "African American...and..he went to trial...and and.." Boo Hoo...rematch you ****ing coward

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                  Exactly how I feel, man. I'm a huge Ward fan too but with this interview, they've jumped the shark. I am starting to believe it's not even posturing anymore.

I also think it's reflective of a wider self-entitled attitude that most American fighters have. It's so off-putting.

british fighters do the veyr same thing. think froch and khan. mexican fighters, too. think canelo. thank floyd mayweahter and a haymon. this is not going anywhere, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    ward won 7 out of the last 2 rounds
                    hahaha , good one! let me be wrong and we see the re match but sog is no hero.

Comment

• Best factual post on these boards

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      Nah man you shouldn't be giving analysis if you can't be honest with yourself first. You have Deontay Wilder the biggest ducker in boxing as your avatar, so you clearly have a bias towards black fighters, just like Virgil is biased towards Ward, which explains why both of you are completely delusional on this topic while emotionally removed people like me can see reality for what it is. You call that a career defining heroic performance when in reality he got dominated the first two rounds when he tried to box, so from then on he just held and headbutted and fouled and still couldn't land one decent head shot until about the 10th round, outside of about 1 good jab per round.

It was anything but heroic, about 80% of both fans AND media feel he lost the fight according to every poll that has been taken.

Oh, and Ward signed a contract that if he beat Kovalev, he would give Kovalev a rematch, as part of the agreement for Kovalev risking his 3 belts to Ward when he wasn't mandated to. Kovalev gave Ward a great percentage split, and a shot at three belts, when he didn't have to, and in exchange Ward agreed to give him a rematch if Ward won.

So I'm going to ask you back in reality, would you and Virgil say Ward is exempt from contracts he signs? Is that a race thing too? First he wouldn't cooperate with a contract a judge found valid three different times, but Ward still didn't abide by it, and now he won't cooperate with a contract he signed with Kovalev. Is that a race thing too? Please enlighten us.

Oh and just in case you, Virgil's, and Ward's delusional view of this situation hadn't already been ethered by what I just wrote, I'll do it one more time with one last point. Wasn't it Virgil Hunter himself who was saying before the Kovalev fight that Ward had gotten such a good deal compared to Kovalev, and it wasn't fair to Kovalev that Ward was making way more money than him? Well, Kovalev gave him that contract in exchange for the rematch clause, but now Ward is trying to back out again, apparently. These guys are the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen in boxing, even worse than some of the other ones of recent memory. Just unbelievable. These guys are either bold faced liars, or they actually believe this crap because they're that delusional and self-absorbed in their own fantasy land. I'm not sure which is worse, but they are making themselves look completely fllcking ridiculous and that's not a lie.
                      You perfectly explained this sutuation so I need not follow up. Problem is these pro black fanboys are beyond comprehension and wont understand what you are trying to say. I appreciate you saying it, but these sycophantic fools are hopeless and are being exploited by their own people who know how easy it is to get one over on the black community.

Comment

Working...
                      X