• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    ^^^^^
    Team fishnets representing.
    Keep hating you punk b itch!
    Your just a lame ass coward who's never accomplished anything in life so you can't stand to see another man do good for himself and succeed in life.
    That makes you a piece of **** and a punk!
    You lucky you not on front of me cause I would slap you like the b itch you are and make you suck my dick!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      They can't just outright replace pbc they have a contract pbc already paid for the air time. And why would golden boy give espn the type of money pbc foolishly wasted to get their fights on espn? Golden boy made a deal for FNF type fights for their prospects on ESPN2. Their better fighters fight on HBO or PPV. Espn if they were getting the monthly boxing content for their channels like pbc promised them they wouldn't be looking for a rival promoter to give it to them.
      first to the bold: if that was the case theyd give GBP dates on the main channel even with time buy bc they wouldnt be losing money or gaining money, theyve already been paid.

then you should be happy that theres boxing on all espn channels and not just very excited about 1 entity of the sport getting someone while the other has shown some regression. espn knows exactly what its doing with having them both on there. if gbp is smart theyd actually try to funnel their best fights thru ABC (espn parent company) and increase free TV viewership rather than give it right back to HBO so they can charge ppl $70 a ppv for mismatches we can only get fights like lemieux vs stevens level on their regular broadcast. and

Comment

• I bet most of this fights will be by far more action packed than the Garbage PPV events they put together! canelo/smith canelo/chavez jr.... any more examples? LOL... I stick to strella TV!!

Comment

• Originally posted by youbeight View Post
          first to the bold: if that was the case theyd give GBP dates on the main channel even with time buy bc they wouldnt be losing money or gaining money, theyve already been paid.

then you should be happy that theres boxing on all espn channels and not just very excited about 1 entity of the sport getting someone while the other has shown some regression. espn knows exactly what its doing with having them both on there. if gbp is smart theyd actually try to funnel their best fights thru ABC (espn parent company) and increase free TV viewership rather than give it right back to HBO so they can charge ppl $70 a ppv for mismatches we can only get fights like lemieux vs stevens level on their regular broadcast. and
          The truth is boxing is not big enough to be on the big boy espn on Saturday night prime time not without somebody losing money. The ratings don't justify it and to get good enough fighters you have to spend to much so the event loses money. Boxing wasn't on espn before pbc for a reason. And pbc paid stupid money to get it there in the first place. This is for prospect level fighters at Golden boy. Espn would never give up those times slots on that network for prospects. Even when they produced their own fights they weren't on espn. I'm not pretending the sport is bigger then what it is. As for espn already paid so they just give another promoter free air time that's not how it works I'm sure pbc contract doesn't allow something like that in the first place.

My point is simply if pbc was giving espn boxing content like they promised they wouldn't need to make a deal with another promoter for boxing content. They would be satisfied or would go directly to pbc for fights on espn2. Why didn't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Not a question of the market supporting that many shows, but when to air that many shows. They made mistakes and adjusted. But uhh, to pretend the shows have been cut (when it was moved) is silly talk.
            IMDAZED actually admitted it. Damn, didn't think I'd see the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
              IMDAZED actually admitted it. Damn, didn't think I'd see the day.
              Lucky you. I'm used to people switching gears when their crappy theories are shat on.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Lucky you. I'm used to people switching gears when their crappy theories are shat on.
                "crappy theories"

That's cute.

You seems upset dude.
                Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 01-19-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  The truth is boxing is not big enough to be on the big boy espn on Saturday night prime time not without somebody losing money. The ratings don't justify it and to get good enough fighters you have to spend to much so the event loses money. Boxing wasn't on espn before pbc for a reason. And pbc paid stupid money to get it there in the first place. This is for prospect level fighters at Golden boy. Espn would never give up those times slots on that network for prospects. Even when they produced their own fights they weren't on espn. I'm not pretending the sport is bigger then what it is. As for espn already paid so they just give another promoter free air time that's not how it works I'm sure pbc contract doesn't allow something like that in the first place.

My point is simply if pbc was giving espn boxing content like they promised they wouldn't need to make a deal with another promoter for boxing content. They would be satisfied or would go directly to pbc for fights on espn2. Why didn't they?
                  pbc contracts exclusivity was given up already as its been stated when arum dropped his lawsuit vs pbc. so yes espn has the right to give gbp any time of flexibility it can.

boxing isnt getting the ratings it needs because weve seem some horrible match making and ppl being unwilling to keep consistency. showtime lost two of biggest stars in the sport in 2015 in floyd and canelo and have slowly worked themselves back into a compete. theyve put out some of the best cards recently and gotten little viewership. hbo is known for boxing but nowadays unless you wanna fork over $70 to see a somewhat legit fight, their ratings have flopped dramatically when you look at their boxing ratings historically.

pbc paid the networks almost around $40 mill collectively for those air times which is alot of money but guys like thurman, garcia, wilder, proter, spence, frampton have raised their profiles since being aired on those free networks. pbc issue is consistency but alot of that dropped off especially when the competition couldnt compete and filed lawsuits.

and lastly, espn is a network, they have every right to air rival en****** of a sport, rival sports, and etc all on their channel. why keep yourself exclusive to just haymon when you can have them all. if espn didnt want some sort of deal with pbc, they wouldnt have had them be able to move dates into year 3 when their deal was only for 2 years i believe. they would just tell them the length of the contract is up and we're moving on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                    "crappy theories"

That's cute.

You seems upset dude.
                    Not at all. Just watching you move the conversation toward me. Don't wanna talk about drastic cuts anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by youbeight View Post
                      pbc contracts exclusivity was given up already as its been stated when arum dropped his lawsuit vs pbc. so yes espn has the right to give gbp any time of flexibility it can.

boxing isnt getting the ratings it needs because weve seem some horrible match making and ppl being unwilling to keep consistency. showtime lost two of biggest stars in the sport in 2015 in floyd and canelo and have slowly worked themselves back into a compete. theyve put out some of the best cards recently and gotten little viewership. hbo is known for boxing but nowadays unless you wanna fork over $70 to see a somewhat legit fight, their ratings have flopped dramatically when you look at their boxing ratings historically.

pbc paid the networks almost around $40 mill collectively for those air times which is alot of money but guys like thurman, garcia, wilder, proter, spence, frampton have raised their profiles since being aired on those free networks. pbc issue is consistency but alot of that dropped off especially when the competition couldnt compete and filed lawsuits.

and lastly, espn is a network, they have every right to air rival en****** of a sport, rival sports, and etc all on their channel. why keep yourself exclusive to just haymon when you can have them all. if espn didnt want some sort of deal with pbc, they wouldnt have had them be able to move dates into year 3 when their deal was only for 2 years i believe. they would just tell them the length of the contract is up and we're moving on.
                      Pbc paid for dates espn can't just say we'll pbc paid us already so let's give the date to someone else that's my point. Not sure if the contract pbc has allows that and even if they did espn is not wasting dates on prospects that won't draw large audiences. Even when they produced fights in house they didn't and those fights aired on espn2 instead. Whike they used espn for higher profile events and programming.

And if these fights they aired on espn already were raising these fighters profiles the ratings would not suck for pbc or guys who drew higher ratings before pbc on showtime wouldn't be going back to showtime drawing half what they used to. Instead the opposite has actually happened.

And espn clearly has the right to do deals with the rival of pbc my point is they wouldn't if they were satisfied by pbc which clearly they are not so they went else where to get the monthly boxing content that pbc isn't giving them. Pbc keeps changing the dates, pushing back and canceling shows which left espn with only 3 months of boxing content last year. Nobody knows for sure if or when pbc will actually appear on espn dont give me dates woth no fights because thats all they did in 2016 where fights never happened and they punted all their dates to 2017 leaving espn with little to no boxing content on their networks. That's where golden boy comes in as they can consistently provide boxing content every month something after year 1 when money became an issue pbc can't say.

Comment

Working...
                      X