Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: J. Mayweather: Pacquiao is a Gatekeeper, He Won't Beat Crawford!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think Jeff understands what gatekeeper means. A gatekeeper is what all the guys he trains ends up as.

Comment

That's a hell of a gate. There's not a Welter or jr. that can beat Pacquiao besides Money. That Crawford talk has to stop. Gatekeeper my ass..

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
        That's a hell of a gate. There's not a Welter or jr. that can beat Pacquiao besides Money. That Crawford talk has to stop. Gatekeeper my ass..
        pac already beat floyd with an injured arm.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
          If crawford can beat pac then i will say that crawford is x3 much better than floyd jr. but he's not and pac beat floyd with an injured arm.
          I'm not going to get trapped in a back and forth about this... but Pac definitely did not beat Floyd in that fight. Pac got 4 rounds at the most...... and the shoulder excuse was a terrible cop out for the loss.

Comment

Gatekeeper is a bit strong, but I wonder if he means the word in the sense of boosting up people's profiles. In that sense, Pacman is kind of playing the role of gate keeper for Top Rank fighters, boosting the profiles of Horn and Vargas (Bradley was already decently well known). If he isn't going to fight relevant competition, then gatekeeper becomes somewhat appropriate for me although it comes off as pretty negative... Pacman and Roach don't want Crawford. That has been pretty clear... I like that my boy Spence got a shout out though. Hopefully, he gets a shot at a belt or relevant opponent soon, so we can all determine if he is as good as he appears to many of us.

Comment

Obviously Spence will beat this version of Pacquaio, and Crawford might beat him as well.

Comment

So. Your nephew waited until he was a gatekeeper?

Comment

Pac is at the end of his career, past prime and in need of money. Let him do these kind of fights before he retires quietly. Same with Cotto. These old guys shouldnt be fighting bigger, younger, prime fighters at this stage of their careers.

We have Thurman, Garcia, Spence, Porter, Brook, Khan at WW so the division is solid even without PacMan!

Comment

Was Berto a cashout for your nephew? Guerrero? Must we go on? Your so good that he didn't even have you helping in his last few camps when his uncle his trainer was too sick to train him and his father was sick too? Guess he doesn't even think you are a gate keeper half a$$ trainer. Never gives you props amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      So. Your nephew waited until he was a gatekeeper?
                      That's exactly what I thought when I read the headline!

He didn't want any part of the 2009/2010 Manny.

It's smart waiting for a fading monster that's declining faster than you are and then laughing all the way to the bank at all the casuals who thought it was going to be some all time great war and legacy defining fight.

He got paid and he can still convince some people it didn't matter that it took place outside both of their primes.

Good for him I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X