No announcement yet.

The Ortiz Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ortiz Problem

Ortiz is a ducked fighter by the top heavies out there. Fury, Klitschko, Pulev, Povetkin, Joshua, and Wilder don't want to risk a fight with him right now.

But there are quality fights out there for Ortiz to increase his profile, maybe not as a main event on PPV, but certainly as an exciting fight on the undercard.

Dillan Whyte, Dominic Brazeale, David Haye, Chisora, and even Edmund Gerber would be good opponents for a good show that would create a demand for a Ortiz headliner. Any one of those guys I just mentioned should be callin Ortiz out because they can see that the top guys don't want to fight Ortiz now because the money won't be right.

I think Klitschko, Wilder, Povetkin, Pulev, and Joshua can beat Ortiz.

Ortiz should try to make a fight with Whyte, Brazeale, Haye, Chisora, or Gerber, and use that to make some noise.

If he can't make any of those fights, he should try for a fight with Big Baby Miller.

Stiverne is getting ready to fight Povetkin, and if there is any justice in boxing, Ortiz should get the winner.

Ortiz vs Stiverne or Povetkin would make a great co-main event on a PPV card if you could get GGG vs "somebody" as the other half of the main event, and throw in Mansour vs Briggs.

If I was Ortiz, I would want either Whyte, Brazeale, Haye, Chisora, or Gerber first, then get a nice payday fighting either Stiverne or Povetkin, then get the title from Wilder or Joshua, and then retire.
    Or hang around and fight Pulev or Big Baby Miller.

Thats the only way I see a successful outcome for Ortiz.

I hope he doesn't waste any time he has left by taking a fight for a couple hundred grand by fighting Mansour, Briggs, or an inexperienced Miller now.

As I mentioned earlier he's just signed with Eddie Hearn , he should be alot more active now

Comment

Working...
    X