Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has Floyd started throwing combos again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i honestly think he is adapting to who he is fighting, also considering he has a history of hand problems he couldnt commit like he wanted to....He hands probably feel the best they have in a long time......from around 2000 til his first retirement his hands were always a big concern often won fights with hand injuries

Comment

Because he does what he has to, to win fights. I don't see why ANYONE is surprised as he only stated over and over and over and over again that he was going to stand toe to toe and make it an exciting fight. Did he not?

Again, Floyd did exactly what he had to do to win nearly every round. 2-3 rounds Cotto had in the bag because of his pressure and punches that gave Floyd a bloody nose which IMO is better than having a fooked up face and busted ear drum at a catchweight if you ask me. Just sayin.......

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        Because he does what he has to, to win fights. I don't see why ANYONE is surprised as he only stated over and over and over and over again that he was going to stand toe to toe and make it an exciting fight. Did he not?

Again, Floyd did exactly what he had to do to win nearly every round. 2-3 rounds Cotto had in the bag because of his pressure and punches that gave Floyd a bloody nose which IMO is better than having a fooked up face and busted ear drum at a catchweight if you ask me. Just sayin.......
        funny how you threw that in their lol

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post

Shame on you Wess for pointing out the obvious.

That's like throwing stones at ******ed sheep.

Comment

Yea those combos he throws are smooth. I agree with alot of you guys he had to throw combos to win. I dont believe he went toe to toe for the fans though. I mean this is a guy who worry about his money more then his legacy. I hope he doesnt retire though. I wanna see him in against a couple of guys.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              He wants to stand toe to toe to make more entertaining fights because he knows he is probably retiring real soon...ORRR He is just tired of boxing mother****ers EZ work is getting 2EZ

What a load of tripe!!! It's because he is 35 and his reflexes have slowed and particularly his feet. He can't physically move his feet non stop for 12 rds anymore like say what he did against Baldomir, Castillo 2, Corrales. This is why he is throwing combos, if you are not moving as much you need to sit down and throw combos. Pot shotting requires constant moving to reset your opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                What does losing ur legs have to do with throwing 17 punch combos...not only that, but Floyd actually ran, and boxed in this fight...U been listening to roach too much...Floyd is a student of the game, he improves each and every fight...against Marquez he had no power, so he worked on it for his fight with Shane...against Shane, he was overly cautious, and very flatfooted, and he was criticized for both...when Pac fought shane, pac threw caution to the wind, and was still able to avoid punches, thats when Floyd realized he wasted portions of his career being more cautious than he needed to be, so he wanted to be more exciting, and this new Floyd was brought about during the promotion for the ortiz fight...against Ortiz, he threw twice as many punches as he threw againt shane, his feet were faster, walked him down, and perfct aggression..BUT he only threw three punches...hooks, right hands, lead rights....against Cotto and Omar, he was closer to perfected...he threw every punch in the book, sweeping rights, which I never saw him throw, better angles, more sharper, diverse arsenal, but he was almost so aggressive that he was reckless in some spots...Floyd will be better in his next fight...it doesnt stop may 5th...few can pay attention to detail, and ur not one of them!
                17 punch combo LOL!!!!!!

Comment

Cotto isn't exactly this deadly puncher that makes opponents weary of opening up

Comment

Working...
                  X