No announcement yet.

Soto turned down Maidana for Saturday; Maidana back on Sept. 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soto turned down Maidana for Saturday; Maidana back on Sept. 16

When the fight with Guerrero was initially called off, Contursi said Eric Gomez of Golden Boy Promotions, Maidana's promoter, asked if they would accept a replacement fight Saturday against Humberto Soto, the former lightweight titlist who recently gave up his belt to move up in weight.

"We did, as Maidana was like a lion locked in a cage, ready for war, but Soto turned it down, which is understandable, of course," Contursi said. "As we were told that no dates were open for Maidana within the next few weeks we decided to go back to Argentina and have a fight here for Marcos to stay busy. That's why we are making arrangements to hold it on Sept. 16."
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...lternate-plans

Soto was getting ready for Sept. 3rd anyways. Fucking dude is a straight up bitch. Ducked all the notable lightweights and now he has moved up to 140 to duck everyone there. Anyone remember how he looked like he was to die in the Antillon post-fight interview? Thats nothing compared to what Maidana would of done to that puto. I am Mexican and I hate that fucking fraud.

WAR MAIDANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would Soto take the fight in Argentina?

Better question....would Maidana offer it?

Comment

Wait... So Maidana vs. Guerrero is off????

Comment

Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
        Wait... So Maidana vs. Guerrero is off????
        It's been off for a week now. I know, I almost cried .

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Would Soto take the fight in Argentina?

Better question....would Maidana offer it?
          He didn't it accept it in Cali, a state full of Mexicans. What makes you think he will fight Maidana in Argentina?

He wouldn't even fight Maidana in Mexico in a ring in his backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
            He didn't it accept it in Cali, a state full of Mexicans. What makes you think he will fight Maidana in Argentina?

He wouldn't even fight Maidana in Mexico in a ring in his backyard.
            Why would he fight him at a weeks notice?

Maidana just wants to fight some bum in Argentina

Comment

i dont get how this is a duck. why should soto fight maidana on short notice? that makes no sense.

Comment

Maidana would **** him up, Soto is naturally smaller than Maidana and I think Maidana is better than Soto. Soto is a 135 pounder ain't he? Asking him to go up to 140 and fight his first fight against someone as good as Maidana is asking too much. It was insane even for a good fighter like Guerrero to do that.

Calzaghe's first fight at lhw looked sloppy against BHOP, now that could be because of the styles or it just shows you that you don't fight good fighters for the first time at a weight-class above you. Take a tune-up first in my opinion if you're a boxer going up in weight.
                Last edited by uoykcuf; 08-24-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by *khan View Post
                  it's been off for a week now. I know, i almost cried .
                  ...fuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Why would he fight him at a weeks notice?

Maidana just wants to fight some bum in Argentina
                    lol of course he wants to stay active and fight a bum, he just busted his ass for like 6 weeks in training camp hes ready to fight. so who do you recommend he fights?? as previously said no solid fighters are gonna fight him on short notice.

its funny...nobody thought maidana was gonna even take the guerrero fight in the first place, and now that guerrero gets injured its all maidanas fault lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X