Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Lamont Peterson Was the Welterweight Willing to Step Up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... "Peterson, 33, has since given up the WBA world welterweight championship he won from Avanesyan ..."

... It was the "regular" WBA belt, right?... but why did he give it up???...

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Errol's biggest test is a guy that got 12-0 by Bradley in his prime?
      That was Bradleys prime not Lamonts

Comment

Peterson will always be willing to step up. Classic throw back fighter

Comment

Spence by mid to late stoppage. If Peterson uses his legs and doesn't engage much, there's a small chance he might go the distance. It's a question of how impressively Spence wins rather than if he wins.

Not a bad fight though, probably the best realistic and available opponent Spence could've fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Barristan View Post
            That was Bradleys prime not Lamonts
            *Drops mic*

Comment

Peterson is capable of being hurt and stopped early. But if not, he seems to get stronger as the rounds go on and could make this interesting in the later rounds if it gets that far.

Comment

Lamonts my boy but i got spence ko by the 8th. Too big too strong

Comment

I like Lamont, but this is pretty easy work for Spence. It's a shame Spence turned down the Cotto fight - that would have been much more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Brook was his biggest test. A big welterweight with power and good fundamental boxing skills.

How is Lamont Peterson(who has shown he can't beat someone at the top level) more of a test than Kell Brook?
                    Never said Lamont was better than Brook, just wanted to point out that Brook was/is VERY VERY overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      Never said Lamont was better than Brook, just wanted to point out that Brook was/is VERY VERY overrated.
                      Brook is a very good welterweight, I don't think he's overrated. He was on some bullcrap when he won that title though, milked it for as long as he could

Comment

Working...
                      X