No announcement yet.

The official 2015-2016 NBA season thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
    Spurs and Warriors are pretty much a lock to meet in the Western finals minus some freak injury to one of their stars. The Grizzlies are probably the only team who can even come remotely close to knocking either off because they have the big men to match the Spurs but even you gotta worry about Parker and Leonard.

Thunder could do well and put up a fight but I don't think they are deep enough. Canter was a great pick up and I think they still have Augustin coming off the bench but Durant/Westbrook just aren't great together. It's like there always secretly battling to see who's better and who's THE man. I think this is their last year together honestly unless they do manage to make it back to the finals.
    I don't know how you can't write the Thunder off like that. If healthy, they have 2 of possibly the top 5 players in the entire NBA. Plus they always give the Spurs trouble. Durant and Westbrook have been just fine together, yeah they don't complement each other that well but that hasn't mattered so far.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I don't know how you can't write the Thunder off like that. If healthy, they have 2 of possibly the top 5 players in the entire NBA. Plus they always give the Spurs trouble. Durant and Westbrook have been just fine together, yeah they don't complement each other that well but that hasn't mattered so far.
      How has it not mattered? They only made the finals once and that was with Harden who pretty much played PG for them and was the middle man to compliment those 2. That's really all that matters. Sure they can beat any team on any given night but at the end of the day that's not good enough. Put Prime Kobe and Iverson on the same team and they won't gel well either. It's team game and you got 2 guys who want to be the man.

I'm not saying they can't be contenders or are bound to get bounced out early. The thunder are always tough in the playoffs but they need the Jordan/LeBron mentality of making everyone around them better instead of just trying to do it all themselves. Until then I'd pick the Spurs and Warriors over them in 7 without a sweat.

Comment

Trust me I feel their pain though. Rumor had it Rose/Butler had similar issues in the Cleveland series last year. Bulls are a deep squad and are always tough on defense to make up for it. Rose just needs to stop chucking up ridiculous 3s whenever he feels like it and we'll be good.

We got Mirotic/Noah/Gasol all solid big men who move the ball well. Absolutely no reason for those 8-9min scoreless droughts.

Comment

The bulls have no chance vs Cleveland. Let alone Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
            How has it not mattered? They only made the finals once and that was with Harden who pretty much played PG for them and was the middle man to compliment those 2. That's really all that matters. Sure they can beat any team on any given night but at the end of the day that's not good enough. Put Prime Kobe and Iverson on the same team and they won't gel well either. It's team game and you got 2 guys who want to be the man.

I'm not saying they can't be contenders or are bound to get bounced out early. The thunder are always tough in the playoffs but they need the Jordan/LeBron mentality of making everyone around them better instead of just trying to do it all themselves. Until then I'd pick the Spurs and Warriors over them in 7 without a sweat.
            Well, Westbrook was hurt one year and Durant in 1 other. Or was it 2? I can't remember. The Thunder haven't had both those players together and healthy for a while. That's why they've lost in the playoffs or missed them since getting to the Finals.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
              The bulls have no chance vs Cleveland. Let alone Atlanta.
              Lol ok. Atlanta won't even be as good this year and Cleveland isn't scary. Chicago just needed fresh eyes because as great as Thibs is he got the best of all of the players but he wore them down come playoff time and ignored the offense. The Bulls with Thibs built in defensive principles and a offensive minded coach will destroy Cleveland.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Well, Westbrook was hurt one year and Durant in 1 other. Or was it 2? I can't remember. The Thunder haven't had both those players together and healthy for a while. That's why they've lost in the playoffs or missed them since getting to the Finals.
              That is all true. They need to prove they can both be healthy. But like I said, they can put up a fight but Westbrook and Durant would both need to be in GOD mode to take down SA or GS

Comment

WEST:

1 Warriors
                2 Rockets
                3 OKC
                4 Clippers
                5 Spurs
                6 Pelicans
                7 Grizzlies
                8 Dallas

9-Last Place- Where the Lakers are.

EAST:

1. Cleveland
                2. nobody cares.

MVP - Harden make for stealing his award and giving it to Steph Curry
                DPO - Clint Capela
                ROY - Montrezl Harrell
                COY - Kevin Mchale
                Executive of the Year - Daryl Morey
                Poster of the Year - The Primordial One Sterling Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  WEST:

1 Warriors
                  2 Rockets
                  3 OKC
                  4 Clippers
                  5 Spurs
                  6 Pelicans
                  7 Grizzlies
                  8 Dallas

EAST:

1. Cleveland
                  2. nobody cares.

DPO - Clint Capela
                  ROY - Montrezl Harrell
                  COY - Kevin Mchale

LMAO. But I agree with Harrell for ROY

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                    WEST:

1 Warriors
                    2 Rockets
                    3 OKC
                    4 Clippers
                    5 Spurs
                    6 Pelicans
                    7 Grizzlies
                    8 Dallas

EAST:

1. Cleveland
                    2. nobody cares.

DPO - Clint Capela
                    ROY - Montrezl Harrell
                    COY - Kevin Mchale

your mother,b1tch

may Ty Lawson and James Harden get 7 DUIs together this season

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X