No announcement yet.

Sports Headphones for Running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Headphones for Running

Hey guys. I'm actually really pissed off because my Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 Pro Headphone Cables have broken the 4th time. The first 3 times was with the standard Cables so I outsourced a 4th cable from Westone (an independent headphone brand whose cables are compaitable and somewhat sturdier - as it turns, not really...). I only bought the Westone Cable a few weeks ago and to make it worse, Fed-Ex even reminded me a couple of days ago I had to pay tax on the package which shipped from the US.

Anyway, can you guys recommend me any sports headphones which WILL NOT break but I don't want to compromise on the sound either. I'm an audiophile my Ultimate Ears did cost me around £200 at the time but I guess they weren't particularly for sporting use - it's a shame, the headphones aren't broken but the cables really ruin the headphones, I can't be bothered to keep buying cables - I run a lot. I'm very interested in the ones that Manny uses to train but I don't know what brand they are.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got them - they are Dr. Dre Beats. But I still want recommendations. Anyone experience Dr. Dre Beats? I'm also looking at a Jaybird Sports Band 2.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MeiXiang; 09-21-2011, 10:31 AM.

dude ur crazy with all the expensive headphones for running. i like these, tell me what u think:

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/s...-31966554.html

Comment

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
      dude ur crazy with all the expensive headphones for running. i like these, tell me what u think:

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/s...-31966554.html
      Sennheiser makes the best headphones IMO. I just bought a $300 noise cancelling pair of headphones from them. Best headphones I ever owned.

Comment

Yeah, I mean I'm an audiophile at heart. Music is my passion and I strive for the best headphones. Unfortunately, I know now after multiple cable breaks that I can't keep wearing my expensive headphones whilst on runs. You've posted the Sennheisers - I've actually had experiences with them - first pair were sports one actually lasted me the longest - possibly half a year.

I recently bought 2 pairs - the PMX680 and the CX version. The link that you've posted is a little outdated so I've got the newest range (yellow and black) but I know those two headphones (£30 and £50 respectively) will break within 3 months - been there, done it before which is why I bought two instead.

I'm still interested in more durable headphones without compromising on sound quality.

Comment

How about wireless bluetooth headphone? a co-worker has a pair which sounds great and pretty slim not bulky at all.

Comment

Yeah, that's the Jaybird Sports Band ii (as I've put above). I have an Android so that's alright but I mean I also have an iPod which I am very fond of and I don't really want to keep it aside.

Any other headphones to recommend, I'm all ears!

Comment

$25 is the most that i will pay for work-out headphones. i sweat like a pig, plus i constantly get the wires hooked on **** when i sprint.

I have a pair of plastic Sony bad boys that wrap around my ear and don't move whether i am running, jogging, sprinting, skipping or shadow boxing.

Comment

ive got these and had them for about two years,best headphones ive ever had

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
                  ive got these and had them for about two years,best headphones ive ever had

how much???

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
                    how much???
                    i think they were about £100 pound ,probably cheaper now

Comment

Working...
                    X