Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Clears Up Pacquiao-Marquez Testing Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading the Hauser article, I don't think people would still give a flying trapeze about this.

Promoters are fearful of hearing positive test results nowadays. Canceling fights at the last minute is like losing an arm for them. Can't blame GBP for having special arrangements with USADA.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
      After reading the Hauser article, I don't think people would still give a flying trapeze about this.

Promoters are fearful of hearing positive test results nowadays. Canceling fights at the last minute is like losing an arm for them. Can't blame GBP for having special arrangements with USADA.
      Yes but those special arrangements are as useless or even worse as having no extended testing at all. Essentially they are paying USADA for playing a Smoke and Mirrors game. That does not clean up the sport at all. All that does is give fighters a completely open door to do whatever they desire as it would just get swept under the rug.

Comment

So now we know why Mayweather vs. Pacquiao hasn't happened. Bob Arum refuses to take the tests.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          So now we know why Mayweather vs. Pacquiao hasn't happened. Bob Arum refuses to take the tests.
          I think you should actually read the article.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            That's very true. I agree. I just think Bob could have nipped the issue in the bud long ago had he mentioned his wish for the commission to conduct extra tests, which Keith Kizer acknowledged as being possible with extra time and money.

It just blew up into the brewhaha we have today.
            Well like I said, There is not a promoter out there that wants extended testing. That hurts their revenue stream either by a little(testing costs) or by a lot(cancelled card due to a positive test). From what I gather about what Bob said, it is basically if the commissions would take it upon themselves to get it done that way, he would play game. It has to be through them though and no direct contact with a third party to insure some level of transparency and honesty

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

lol! need to read first article coz you starting took more stupid than usual! lol

Comment

Can you imagine all the chemicals Bob Arum is using to stay alive?

Comment

bob's like "to hell with drug testing"

and he wants us to believe that pac/may will still happen?

Comment

forgifs.com

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
                      bob's like "to hell with drug testing"

and he wants us to believe that pac/may will still happen?
                      looks like you are lack of reading comprehension... lol

Comment

Working...
                      X