No announcement yet.

I hope Wladimir fights someone other than Mormeck on March 3/12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MASTERFUL View Post
    I want to see the Klitschkos fight common opponents in March.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Chris Arreola

Vitali Klitschko vs David Haye
    Great idea but surely would never happen on the same card.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfox View Post
      is wlad able to just tell mormeck to take a hike and not fight him at all?
      I'm not sure. I know Mormeck badly wants the fight.

Comment

The only fight anymore is with Povetkin.

I wish Teddy and them would stop playing tiddlywinks on the topic.

Arreola hasn't beat anyone of note of late so at least he should beat someone better than Friday Ahunuya (sp?) before getting another crack.

Povetkin is the fight.

Wish they'd make a move on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderella_Man View Post
          Wladimir Klitschko had no better potential opponents than Jean-Marc Mormeck for December. There were clubfighters willing like Chauncey Welliver, but they were less worthy even than Mormeck.

But the situation is different for March 3. Tony Thompson is willing and ready, and is Wlad's IBF mandatory. Chris Arreola has completed his transformation into a fitter fighter and is ready for another title shot. And there's a chance Alexander Dimitrenko may be willing now.

Any one of those three will make for a more interesting fight than Mormeck.
          100x agreed.

Comment

Povetkin, for me. If Helenius has a heart, he'll get seriously injured by Wladimir. Povetkin at least has a good selection of punches, and I think he uses his body well, so he might at least make the fight interesting and not a plain old beat-down. If not Povetkin, I'd pick Arreola. If Arreola can at least once get past Wlad's jab, Wlad won't like it...

Tyson Fury would at least make it a good-to-watch fight if he could lose 20 lbs, but it seems he doesn't care enough about his career to get in any kind of shape.

Boytsov? Ustinov? ****, it's hard to find quality among the HW ranks. Maybe George Foreman might come out of retirement again...

Comment

Working...
            X