The Dark Side Of Vitaminwater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Side Of Vitaminwater

By John Robbins -- Aug. 5, 2010

Now here's something you wouldn't expect. Coca-Cola is being sued by a non-profit public interest group, on the grounds that the company's vitaminwater products make unwarranted health claims. No surprise there. But how do you think the company is defending itself?

In a staggering feat of twisted logic, lawyers for Coca-Cola are defending the lawsuit by asserting that "no consumer could reasonably be misled into thinking vitaminwater was a healthy beverage."

Does this mean that you'd have to be an unreasonable person to think that a product named "vitaminwater," a product that has been heavily and aggressively marketed as a healthy beverage, actually had health benefits...?

...Noting that the soft drink giant wasn't (was not) claiming the lawsuit was wrong on factual grounds, the judge wrote that, "Accordingly, I must accept the factual allegations in the complaint as true."

Click here for the rest of the story in The Huffington Post

lolll...wow.

Comment

Yup. Read it the other day when it first came out in the news. It doesn't matter because I already knew it though. You mean to tell me that a major corporation would market sugar water as healthy? No way!

Comment

gullible sheeps.

Comment

Because the sheeple dont know wtf high fructose corn sizzurp is. People need to grow a frikkin brain.

Comment

Originally posted by GymRat View Post
            Yup. Read it the other day when it first came out in the news. It doesn't matter because I already knew it though. You mean to tell me that a major corporation would market sugar water as healthy? No way!
            Lol!!

Originally posted by Walker Smiff View Post
            Because the sheeple dont know wtf high fructose corn sizzurp is. People need to grow a frikkin brain.
            I was recently having a discussion with two guys who said they were overweight, stopped drinking soda, and lost like 100 to 200 lbs. quickly.

Comment

Working...
            X