Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would Be a Satisfactory Wage For You?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would Be a Satisfactory Wage For You?

Whether your are a worker, business owner, or an artist. Whatever your trade, what would you consider a satisfactory wage to live off of on in today's time? This question is also for our European friends as well.

Here in America, average household incomes which means two people is about 55K. This stat varies from state to state, but in general is the median. Surprisingly this household income is one of the largest in the world, but still seems a little low for my taste.

Personally I think an income of atleast 60K for a single person would be satisfactory.
    Last edited by JimRaynor; 06-21-2017, 12:01 PM.

In London, won't be happy to stop knocking those doors down and chasing the next promotion until I'm on at least £80k

Almost there.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      Whether your are a worker, business owner, or an artist. Whatever your trade, what would you consider a satisfactory wage to live off of on in today's time? This question is also for our European friends as well.
      Anything above $100k... really $250k would be satisfactory for me...

Comment

I'm on salary and I'm satisfied with what I make now. I'm not rich, but I got it way better than most people.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          I'm on salary and I'm satisfied with what I make now. I'm not rich, but I got it way better than most people.
          You're exactly the type of person my thread is geared too. Of course everyone would love to make 100K+ a year, but that is not a current reality. Therefore in your opinion what is a comfortable income to live off of?

Comment

I am willing to trade job satisfaction and happiness for a higher wage. Right now, I earn a good living but I'm not in love with my job. I'd give up the six figure paycheck for something less if I could earn a living doing something I really enjoy. As the adage goes, a man who loves his job never works a day in his life.

Comment

Here in America, average household incomes which means two people is about 55K. This stat varies from state to state, but in general is the median. Surprisingly this household income is one of the largest in the world, but still seems a little low for my taste.

Personally I think an income of atleast 60K for a single person would be satisfactory.
              It depends where you live. The cost of living varies greatly from state-to-state. In Boston, Mass 60K would not be a sufficient wage to live on.

Also, 60K - is that before or after taxes, 401k, health/dental insurance? You have FICA taxes, fed/state taxes, 401k contributions, health and dental insurance, etc. Once you deduct all of these items, you're not left with much....

Comment

You're exactly the type of person my thread is geared too. Of course everyone would love to make 100K+ a year, but that is not a current reality. Therefore in your opinion what is a comfortable income to live off of?
                As Boston said, there are a lot of factors.

But, to live comfortably.... as in, you have all the basic covered, not worried about making your bills on time, a problem cropping up (sick dog, car trouble) and ruining you? In Oklahoma, as a single person, I'd say.... 35-40k absolute minimum.

I make north of 50k but well below 100, and I live comfortable as fuck. All my bills are on autopay, I put nice coin into my IRA, never look at my checking account balance unless I'm moving something to savings, etc.

But it would be a different story if one was like... married or had kids. If you have a girl that doesnt work and you have kids, getting by on my income would be tighter but easily doable.... on 35-40k? There are people who do it, but they are absolutely scraping by. People that make below that... I don't see how it would be possible without a good amount of government assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  I am willing to trade job satisfaction and happiness for a higher wage. Right now, I earn a good living but I'm not in love with my job. I'd give up the six figure paycheck for something less if I could earn a living doing something I really enjoy. As the adage goes, a man who loves his job never works a day in his life.
                  What is your profession?

Comment

What is your profession?
                    Project Management in the government sector.

Comment

Working...
                    X