Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is kovalev still the "monster" he was made out to be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is kovalev still the "monster" he was made out to be?

He sure didn't conduct himself like it last night. Was it a case of ward taming some beast...or is it more like he never was that guy to begin with? You don't go from being a stone cold killer to mentally crumbling when you start getting tired. He came out too fast and fought like he was full of nerves and never made the necessary adjustment to get rest. I swear i was watching some up and coming front-runner prospect getting checked by the first stiff competition he ever faced.

There hasnt been enough threads like this

Comment

He was that beast. Just ask the champion fighters he destroyed. He did what he did in the ring and you can't take that away from him. Ward fought what might have been the best fight of his career and KOed a very good and very dangerous fighter. Did Kovalev have an off night? Maybe so, I don't know. He said he was ready and in great condition.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        He was that beast. Just ask the champion fighters he destroyed. He did what he did in the ring and you can't take that away from him. Ward fought what might have been the best fight of his career and KOed a very good and very dangerous fighter. Did Kovalev have an off night? Maybe so, I don't know. He said he was ready and in great condition.
        He didn't look to be In very good condition and he actually admitted to training less for this fight than he did the first fight. If he had the stamina to go along with all of his other attributes, we would be talking about an undefeated fighter right now.

Comment

Of course kovalev is still a monster Ward is just the better fighter

Comment

Yes, Kovalev is a formidable opponent and clear on favourite winner against 99% of guys out there. It's just that there's always one fighter out there who's style you'll never beat. I still consider Kovalev an awesome fighter.

Comment

He's an M&M.

A hard outer shell but soft and sweet on the inside.

Beast of an outboxer, can't handle that work inside

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                He didn't look to be In very good condition and he actually admitted to training less for this fight than he did the first fight. If he had the stamina to go along with all of his other attributes, we would be talking about an undefeated fighter right now.
                What if Ward had Knockout power in both hands?

Kovalev is always going to have problems with stamina because of the way he fights and his lack of conditioning.

At his age I don't know if he can improve his stamina much. He should work on pacing himself for the whole 12 rounds

I still consider Kovalev the clear #2 fighter at LHW.
                No one else beats him in this weight class
                Last edited by BoxingTech718; 06-18-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Who are all these great fighters kovalev has destroyed? If it was ggg...he'd be called a hypejob and a bum.

Comment

Working...
                  X