No announcement yet.

Canelo is not an inside fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo is not an inside fighter

I keep hearing this talk about how canelo is an inside fighter when there are no fights of him going on the inside. He's a mid range fighter that likes to counter in the middle of the ring. Canelo not once tried to initiate an inside game agaisnt mayweather. He stood in the middle of the ring at mid range. Against lara 0 inside game. Angulo no inside game. Against khan, smith, trout, canelo fough mid range. The only time canelo goes inside is when he's against the rope inviting his opponent to come forward and if he goes near the ropes against ggg it's game over. CANELO IS NOT AN INSIDE FIGHTER.

Correct. I've watched Canelo for a very long time. He's not a gritty fighter. he's a cute fighter despite his fire hydrant build. it's smoke and mirrors. he's built like Mike Tyson.....

but he's a cute counter-puncher. he looks for angles.. he never takes risks. he will do the shoulder roll and only focus on defense.

this is why he can stare at an old dude who he outweighed by 20 lbs fightnight and let that old dude box his face off at distance.

He didn't want to risk getting hit going in and getting gritty and dirty. this is given that old dude having 0 pop in his punches.

At least Maidana brought that fight inside with Floyd.

His build is so deceiving that idiots are giving him credit with 1 punch KO power when he's only 1 punch KOed completely shot glass jawed jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      Correct. I've watched Canelo for a very long time. He's not a gritty fighter. he's a cute fighter despite his fire hydrant build. it's smoke and mirrors. he's built like Mike Tyson.....

but he's a cute counter-puncher. he looks for angles.. he never takes risks. he will do the shoulder roll and only focus on defense.

this is why he can stare at an old dude who he outweighed by 20 lbs fightnight and let that old dude box his face off at distance.

He didn't want to risk getting hit going in and getting gritty and dirty.

At least Maidana brought that fight inside with Floyd.
      People are desperate to make canelo something he's not. FLO-MO NATION IS IN FULL PANIC MODE.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
        People are desperate to make canelo something he's not. FLO-MO NATION IS IN FULL PANIC MODE.

they better give credit when GGG walks through this ginger in 2 rounds.

Comment

Canelo can operate on the inside, I can understand if he doesn't do it enough to classify as one but he can do it and has. We're not even that far removed from the Cotto fight, seriously.

Comment

This fight literally comes down to can Canelo take GGG's power shots, and if he can, he has a legit chance of winning, and does he have the dog in him to keep fighting even if he's hurt, or getting tagged with GGG shots. Also, how does he handle body shots from one of the hardest and most accurate punchers he'll have ever faced?

I actually think he's a durable guy, and has a real chance of winning, but like you said, TS, he's not a real in fighter, so GGG might drown him on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              Canelo can operate on the inside, I can understand if he doesn't do it enough to classify as one but he can do it and has. We're not even that far removed from the Cotto fight, seriously.

no he can't. he actually freezes up. let you run in his shoulder and just focuses on defense until you back off.

he never goes forehead to forehead or puts his head on your shoulder and work with both hands on the inside.

Golovkin actually does that. So Golovkin not only has the better long range game (jab) and long range power.... he also has the better inside game.

Comment

Sigh... I can't wait for the fight. Canelo got this

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                  This fight literally comes down to can Canelo take GGG's power shots, and if he can, he has a legit chance of winning, and does he have the dog in him to keep fighting even if he's hurt, or getting tagged with GGG shots. Also, how does he handle body shots from one of the hardest and most accurate punchers he'll have ever faced?

I actually think he's a durable guy, and has a real chance of winning, but like you said, TS, he's not a real in fighter, so GGG might drown him on the inside.

why do people act like Canelo is going to just outbox GGG?

LMAO GGG has better boxing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                    no he can't. he actually freezes up. let you run in his shoulder and just focuses on defense until you back off.

he never goes forehead to forehead or puts his head on your shoulder and work with both hands on the inside.

Golovkin actually does that. So Golovkin not only has the better long range game (jab) and long range power.... he also has the better inside game.
                    Sounds to me like you have Golovkin and Canelo mixed up

Comment

Working...
                    X