Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua shouldn't be faulted for fighting undefeated fighters with similar experience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
    He won it from a dude who won a vacant title on a injury...come on
    Is that AJs fault?

Comment

Originally posted by Sroey View Post
      I think Joseph Parker is a good next fight for him. They are building him up on PPV/box Office, which could backfire if he takes a loss now. Granted he is much better than David Price but that should serve as a painful reminder of what could go wrong.

He was pretty much gifted a belt and he is expected to be in tougher tests which I think he will take. If he fights Wilder after Parker I'll give him credit - win or lose. Eddie Hearn can't keep putting out average to poor PPV shows against limited opposition.

Why not go for someone like Povetkin after Parker? That would be a good scalp...
      He's already 10 times better + 1000 times more popular than David Price ever was.

Comment

Joshua is beating good level of opposition and he is well on board to earning fighter of the year he needs to cap this great year off with another great win I would rather it be someone like a Wilder, Haye or Fury but I think Fury with his play acting and his rematch with Wladimir that it's likely Fury will only fight once this year.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
          He won it from a dude who won a vacant title on a injury...come on
          Anthony Joshua doesn't duck anyone unlike the guy on your avatar.

Comment

Joshua is a 1/16 favorite opening up against Parker. His doubters have an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is and make a lot of money
            http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
              People want him at 17 fights into his career to fight champions who have had 30+ fights to hone their craft? Seems a bit unfair to me. His last four fights have been undefeated guys who have the same or similar experience as him. He picked up boxing at 18 and is only 26. Why is everybody knocking him for his opponents?
              He is being labeled by Hearn, matchroom, skysports and himself as a world champion...in the heavyweight division no less. That's what the casuals are being duped into seeing and you think he should be fighting bums?

Ali won THE heavyweight crown at just 22 with only 20 fights under his belt and yet, his next 7 opponents had combined, 300+ wins between them. Should he just have defended against other 20 fight novices who were 22 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
                People want him at 17 fights into his career to fight champions who have had 30+ fights to hone their craft? Seems a bit unfair to me. His last four fights have been undefeated guys who have the same or similar experience as him. He picked up boxing at 18 and is only 26. Why is everybody knocking him for his opponents?
                His team is doing a great job with him and he seems to get better every fight.

I wouldnt pay too much attention to the critics

Joshua has the potential to be a great fighter, its best to take their time and let him learn the game and not be rushed for
                $$$$

Comment

Parker is an undefeated prospect too. When AJ beats him, he's 1/16 favorite, it'll show that AJ is in a different class than the rest of these heavies. The window to beat AJ is closing rapidly

Comment

No matter which fighter, or what stage of their career, people get frustrated when a fighter appears to be treading water and fighting opponents who dont carry much threat.

I guess the only position in the world thats safe from that is the HW champion who is fighting every available top contender.

Joshua might be a prospect, but we havent seen him in a fight where there is any legitimate threat of him losing before the fight.

Comment

Hes fighting fights that are available and make sense to him. I dont believe he needs to prove anything because his skills are obviously overall better than anyones . Only 3 guys i can see causing potential concern and Fury is not one of them despite what ppl wish to believe so it really doesnt matter who he fights outside the 3 i have listed below.

Haye
                      Ortiz
                      Klitchko

Comment

Working...
                      X