Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd and Manny get what they both wanted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Floyd 2010: I'm not thinking about boxing at the moment, want to take a year or two out of the game to spend with my familly.

Yeah sounds like he wanted it.
    You don't think Floyd wants to be the best fighter on the planet?

wat?

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post

wat?
      Some young kid who was terminally ill with cancer, who was a huge Mayweather fan told Floyd he wanted him to fight Pacquiao.

Floyd's reply was, I'm not thinking of boxing at the moment.

Floyd has never wanted it.

Comment

Yeah, I think it suited them both well. They enjoyed all the hype and press and were never out of the media for around 4 years until Pac struggled with JMM again and then Bradley managed to put that dent into his record.

They were both unsure about fighting each other.
        Floyd was definately shaken by Pac demolishing everyone and Pac probably didnt like the stringent drug tests and Arum didn't like the idea of him facing someone as skilled as Floyd. They both did all they could to make the fight not happen, whilst keeping it in the press.

In the end, they both won and we as fans lost out.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Some young kid who was terminally ill with cancer, who was a huge Mayweather fan told Floyd he wanted him to fight Pacquiao.

Floyd's reply was, I'm not thinking of boxing at the moment.

Floyd has never wanted it.

wat?

Comment

It's pretty obvious that neither guy has exactly demanded a fight with the other, and neither is trying very hard at all to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post

wat?
              His health is more important to him.

Comment

A lot of money??? Yeah they got it.

But on a serious note they both got what they want ATg status for this era good resume they both changed the way boxing will be run neither had to lose to the other.

PAC could care less he'll be remembered for touching the hearts of two countries
                Winning 8 belts in 8 divisions wars up and downs seeming human plus that lost to Bradley won't matter(I think he won) a lot of people think he won they'll always be controversy. The testing will be forgot about because before any of that was a issue he already had a great career.

Floyd will be remembered for being the money man the super man mr unbeatable the guy no one could figure out he turned tons of people to fans and changed the way ppv will be forever and years from now people will look back on his charities and see him as a better person.

Only thing that will bother each of them is they'll never be able to say them selves with out doubt that I was that eras best they'll always have to share it. And that will haunt them.

But other then that yeah they got what they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                  Yeah, I think it suited them both well. They enjoyed all the hype and press and were never out of the media for around 4 years until Pac struggled with JMM again and then Bradley managed to put that dent into his record.

They were both unsure about fighting each other.
                  Floyd was definately shaken by Pac demolishing everyone and Pac probably didnt like the stringent drug tests and Arum didn't like the idea of him facing someone as skilled as Floyd. They both did all they could to make the fight not happen, whilst keeping it in the press.

In the end, they both won and we as fans lost out.
                  Paq didn't totally reject the request for extra testing. All he wanted was no blood drawn on the day of the fight. That's all he wanted. Obviously, Arum was surprised by the seriousness of the request that he never thought it would become a major issue. He was in Manila weeks before and never discussed it with Manny.

It was a case of lost in translation. Arum added his own excuse to the mix like fear of needles... and in the negotiating table he offered an arbitrary 24 days cut-off, 20, etc. without Manny's consent. Tempers flared, egos clashed, when the truth was 14 days cutoff would have been accepted by Manny at the time...

Bottom line was if Mayweather truly wanted the fight, he would have accepted the compromise, which in itself was already unprecedented.

Of course, we all have our own version of the events. And we just have to agree to disagree.

PS.. I don't even know why we keep going back to the first negotiation as if negotiations end in one sitting.
                  Last edited by Bullrider; 08-09-2012, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                    Paq didn't totally reject the request for extra testing. All he wanted was no blood drawn on the day of the fight. That's all he wanted. Obviously, Arum was surprised by the seriousness of the request that he never thought it would become a major issue. He was in Manila weeks before and never discussed it with Manny.

It was a case of lost in translation. Arum added his own excuse to the mix like fear of needles... and in the negotiating table he offered an arbitrary 24 days cut-off, 20, etc. without Manny's consent. Tempers flared, egos clashed, when the truth was 14 days cutoff would have been accepted by Manny at the time...
                    Bottom line was if Mayweather truly wanted the fight, he would have accepted the compromise, which in itself was already unprecedented.

Of course, we all have our own version of the events. And we just have to agree to disagree.
                    That was offered and Pacquiao rejected it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      That was offered and Pacquiao rejected it. LOL
                      Yep. All hell broke lose with Schaefer at that time and he was frantically trying to contact Manny certain that Manny was totally unaware of what was negotiated. I still remember it like it was yesterday. Prior to that accusations of cheating have already surfaced. Probably even Mother Theresa can't handle that kind of dirt.

So now fast forward people would just sum it all up in one sentence without bothering about the details.

In the end, Paq later agreed and Mayweather continued to act like he's some 10 year old who can't salvage something that actually made him an established duck.

Comment

Working...
                      X