Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua's Promoter: The Sole Focus, 100%, is Wilder Fight in April

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

birdlegs beating Tyson Fury is not guaranteed "fast eddie" is well aware of this

Comment

He never said i will come to USA stop lying he said immediately after parker fight that he’s fighting in UK that the USA fan should fly down also that the British has always been the one coming over to USA which is a lot of expenses... and wilder getting 15m pounds is about 18m$ so just stop this your fan side of on your comments {QUOTE=tkilla104;19135355]Hearn is full of ****. He is the lone reason this fight has not happened. 1st AJ says give me 50mil and I'll go to the US then after team Wilder comes up with the offer and shows proof of funding its let's fight in the UK. Then they offer a insulting 15mil with no ppv %. WTF, even Joseph Parker got a peice..... Hearn just wants to make as much $ as possible out of AJ (which is fine) just don't try and consistently place blame elsewhere. Hearn is a piece of ****. Didn't he promise Big Baby a shot over 1 1/2 years ago?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        Wilder even looks like a crack dealer.
        AJoke looks like a tea drinking Britian Prince on Peds, beat it scum bag with your races comment

Comment

Anyone know how much the Povetkin fight generated ? PPV sales were reported to be 1 million plus (1.2 million ? Same as Parker ?), and at 20 pounds each, that's 24 million. Add around 6 million for ticket sales in Wembley (a guess), that's 30 million pounds, or 40m USD before anything else added in.

So I'm guessing that's the 'base' number for a Joshua fight, and just a question of how much an opponent can increase that. eg I'm sure a Fury fight would be significantly higher in the UK. Can't help but wonder about Wilder though given he could only get 12,356 people to go watch him in his home town of Alabama (capacity 17k) vs Washington, then 14,000 for Ortiz at the Barclays centre (capacity 16,000) - he doesn't seem to be lighting places up.
          Last edited by angkag; 09-24-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
            AJoke looks like a tea drinking Britian Prince on Peds, beat it scum bag with your races comment
            I am far away from that you one tooth crackhead...look at my gif for starters.
            As for wilder yeah he looks like a low crackhead

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
              I don’t know the numbers man. I’m guessing like everyone else. But if I factor in Joshua will sell more ppvs because there is more interest in this fight. Tickets will cost more because there is more interest in this fight. Then let’s just say the fights PPv in the states or showtime buys it to air it free. Add in advertisements and product placement merchandise. It adds up. But there’s a ton of interest in this fight. Interest brings in dollars. Again I can only assume
              as you should know business is not about guessing what will happen...it's about proven sales and what that product brings.
              When you offer to buy a company you don't buy with a thought of what it might be like in 2 years time, you buy it how it's market value is now.
              Let wilder fight fury and let's see how well the fight sells.
              But I'll tell you one thing if the fight bombs don't expect wilder to be offered more than what he offered now.
              It's business not charity but if I was Hearn I would offer wilder 40% and be done with it and end this fight there by Joshua sparking him out.
              Wilder is not a good heavyweight champion

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                50/50 or no fight
                We all know that to be a negotiation position. Same one Golovkin took but subsequently accepted less.

I don't envy Hearns position. Trying to squeeze out as much money as he can from a fight he isn't sure his guy will win...trying to weigh the potential that a Joshua loss may result in a significant drop in future revenue for Matchroom and DAZN...trying to win the public battle and push the fight to the future while maintaining a perception that you want it right now. It's a lot....

Comment

as you should know business is not about guessing what will happen...it's about proven sales and what that product brings.
                  When you offer to buy a company you don't buy with a thought of what it might be like in 2 years time, you buy it how it's market value is now.
                  But I'll tell you one thing if the fight bombs don't expect wilder to be offered more than what he offered now.
                  It's business not charity but if I was Hearn I would offer wilder 40% and be done with it and end this fight there by Joshua sparking him out.
                  I must not have worded my reply right. I was guessing. you asked how do I figure the fight is worth $100 million. I was just giving you a few factors the will contribute to that total sum....but yeah 35-40 percent is fair IN MY EYES, because truth be told I don’t know all the ins and outs so I’m not qualified to speak on it..... there’s no such thing as a bad champion. There’s good champions and great champions. wilder is a good hw champion. he’s definitely not a great champion, but as of right now neither is AJ

Comment

You're actually totally wrong. Business is all about projecting the future revenue. You purchase an object based on current value. However the value of a business or a fight is in the projected revenue.

As for the percentage...I believe 40% gets this fight made.

Comment

Originally posted by S.jenkz View Post
                      since when was 17.5 million a ****ty offer
                      When you look beyond the simple dollar amount and realize that that was only 30% of what is expected to be made on the fight in the UK (when Joseph Parker allegedly got 33%), and taking the lesser offer also comes with your longterm broadcaster not being involved (to get Eddie Hearn a Payday for himself in the US), on top of the rematch terms making the you look like a voluntary defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X