Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistically Speaking, How Much Does an Average Brit or European Make a Week?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistically Speaking, How Much Does an Average Brit or European Make a Week?

If you are living in the U.K. Germany, France, etc... what wage does your average man pull in a week before and after taxes? Also, do you Europeans look down upon other European countries who are not as wealthy, and if so what are these countries?

The average man probably makes £600 a week before taxes.

France, Germany and Holland are a step down from the UK, but still well above European average.

Places like Poland, Greece and all the Eastern European former commie places are looked down upon. Places like Italy and Spain are in huge trouble, but for some reason get a pass, probably because they're common holiday destinations and they don't migrate over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post

France, Germany and Holland are a step down from the UK, but still well above European average.
      But everything is more expensive in UK.

Comment

Greeks are in the hole they have to pay the company so that they can work.

Comment

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
          But everything is more expensive in UK.
          Not really, there's a reason Germans all have to rent, at least in the UK we own our own house, we're the worlds biggest purchasers of BMW and Mercedes and our strong currency is great for travelling to other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post

Places like Poland, Greece and all the Eastern European former commie places are looked down upon. Places like Italy and Spain are in huge trouble, but for some reason get a pass, probably because they're common holiday destinations and they don't migrate over here.
            £600 p/w would be over £30K per year. The average is £25K. I'd say per week between £400-500.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              £600 p/w would be over £30K per year. The average is £25K. I'd say per week between £400-500.
              I have **** maths. I meant to make it add to around 25k. 600 is 28k

Comment

The average is 25K per year, and that's BEFORE tax, in the UK.

You have to factor in how expensive everything is over here, too. Just as an example, there's a three bedroom, two bathroom detached house in Florida for sale here, for £60K:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-...-54688018.html

Now, I dunno what it's like, it might be a right ****hole. It might have marks all over the walls where they've been hanging up their 10,000 guns. But you wouldn't even be able to buy a SHED for that in the UK.

The prices are ridiculous, and your wages go up at less than the rate of inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  The average is 25K per year, and that's BEFORE tax, in the UK.

You have to factor in how expensive everything is over here, too. Just as an example, there's a three bedroom, two bathroom detached house in Florida for sale here, for £60K:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-...-54688018.html

Now, I dunno what it's like, it might be a right ****hole. It might have marks all over the walls where they've been hanging up their 10,000 guns. But you wouldn't even be able to buy a SHED for that in the UK.

The prices are ridiculous, and your wages go up at less than the rate of inflation.
                  American houses are usually made of wood like the one in the link, so they technically are sheds. British houses are Brick built

Comment

Switzerland is probably the best country, but they don't need more people. They're fed up with the French cross-border workers already.

Comment

Working...
                    X