No announcement yet.

How the Kovalev deal to fight on ESPN was made

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Because with a win and good ratings she can get another deal for Kovalev. It's a risk she pretty much has to take at this point. What good is a win on a platform with maybe 100k people watching? It's a risk but she has to take it at this point.

And I'm not even sure how much money he was offered from DAZN. I'm starting to doubt all these numbers that came out. People were basically writing Eddie Hearn's press release. Nobody has actually put the effort into investigating those numbers
    LOL, investigating, this stuff is getting the better of you. The word is nobody is worried about what Hearn is up to, but if that was the case they wouldny be spending so much time trying to tarnish his name. Noone cared when he had a few cards on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
      The Fox deal was for 22 shows with a budget of $60m, 10 of those marquee fight nights. So even if the budget is $4m for the marquee fight nights, they're not going to be able to compete with what Hearn can offer on his smaller shows when he's splitting $125m over 16 shows.
      So far its looking like Haymon is competing. If I had a dollar for everytime someone said Haymon was done for I'd have more money then DAZN has allegedly given Hearn.

I've seen people be critical of the money Hearn has from the get go & never thought much of it. But based on his signings I am questioning it more & more. When HBO had $100M+ a year during their prime they had the boxing equivalent of the NBA All Star team roster. Hearn gots Tevin Farmer & Mo Hooker ffs. I have a hard time believing $125M doesn't get more B level Haymon guys then Jessie Vargas at a minimum even if some of the A level guys tell him to fook off.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        LOL, investigating, this stuff is getting the better of you. The word is nobody is worried about what Hearn is up to, but if that was the case they wouldny be spending so much time trying to tarnish his name. Noone cared when he had a few cards on HBO.
        I mean at that point he didn't claim to take over the US market and take fighters fighting on other networks. Hearn is going to get backlash after he named 10 big name fighters and has ended up with exactly zero. You talk a big game then you better back it up. Right now he hasn't done that but we still are getting good fights on the app to start. That's what I care the most about.

Comment

Yes. The fake news boxing media investigated every aspect of the PBC time buy deal. Steve Kim even took it so far as to write an article based on a reddit thread saying PBC had blown thru half a billion dollars.

Hearn says he has a billion dollar deal and the fake news boxing media repeats it. But slowly but surely other news starts to come out and we see it's actually not a billion dollar deal.

Comment

It may go down, but not in the way people on the forum thinking, December.
            Yea agree. I think you milk it more anyway. You gotta talk fans into it more. Have more SM beef going down. It'll take awhile til its a $100M payday for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              I mean at that point he didn't claim to take over the US market and take fighters fighting on other networks. Hearn is going to get backlash after he named 10 big name fighters and has ended up with exactly zero. You talk a big game then you better back it up. Right now he hasn't done that but we still are getting good fights on the app to start. That's what I care the most about.
              Yea this is true.

Hearn did a lot of sh^ttalking & boasting early on. He was feeling himself a bit much early on & he feels himself pretty highly as is so thats saying something lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                The Fox deal was for 22 shows with a budget of $60m, 10 of those marquee fight nights. So even if the budget is $4m for the marquee fight nights, they're not going to be able to compete with what Hearn can offer on his smaller shows when he's splitting $125m over 16 shows.
                First of all, it is more likely there will be $50 million put in the 10 FOX shows and the rest for the FS1 cards. Now, if they want some bigger FS1 shows than the usual, then you can allocate a bit more than $10 million there.

But the the PBC fighters would still be getting paid great money while at the same time getting WAY more exposure than if they fought on DAZN. And as for the $125 million for 16 shows, not sure if that is accurate or not. We don't know if the marketing money comes out of the $125 million or not. I mean even if it does then DAZN still has a whole a lot of money to play with. I don't think that is the issue here though. It is clear that money alone isn't going to attract fighters over to DAZN. Well, at least not those that have a good platform already.

Comment

Eddie Hearn getting treated like an attractive woman......that everyone knows has a stank *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Yea this is true.

Hearn did a lot of sh^ttalking & boasting early on. He was feeling himself a bit much early on & he feels himself pretty highly as is so thats saying something lol.
                    Yep, don't get why people are surprised at the backlash he is getting. And to be honest, a lot of folks are still upset with the Wilder/Joshua fallout. So Hearn couldn't possibly have worst timing for his DAZN launch lol.

Also, apparently he keeps wanting to do these three fight deals on DAZN when he shouldn't be doing that at all. These guys don't want to be locked in on a unproven concept. He should be offering the same type of money for one offs, and try to get fighters that way. Let them fight once on DAZN with the same money he would be offering for a three fight deal and show them just how good it can be for them. Prove to them he is a master promoter and can do something special for their career. He already said if you aren't signing a deal with me, then I won't be offering the same type of money. Um, what? You have no marquee names and that is not the mindset you need to have right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Because with a win and good ratings she can get another deal for Kovalev.
                      Idk about that. If a good win happens wouldn't he get a deal regardless how many people seen it? I'd say yes, but no one is going broke on a 35yr old guy who's on the downslide w/e ratings he's likely to do.

And I'm not even sure how much money he was offered from DAZN. I'm starting to doubt all these numbers that came out. People were basically writing Eddie Hearn's press release. Nobody has actually put the effort into investigating those numbers
                      Thats more legit. I think maybe Hearn doesn't have as much money as he's claiming cuz HBO had almost EVERYONE worth a damn when they had $100M+ back in the day. DAZN has Joshua & thats only cuz Joshua is with Hearn. HBO was 5x better than Showtime back then probably.

Or Hearn isn't taking well to this market with more hands in the cookie jar with more & higher level competition in the promotional game.

Something isn't adding up doe for sure. Speculation on what it might be or might not be is up in the air still.

Comment

Working...
                      X