No announcement yet.

How many years are there in a decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
    He's right. The last decade went from 2009 - 2019.

And, if you follow this correct logic, the previous one went from 1998 to 2008. Before that it went: 1987-1997, 1976-1986, 1965-1975 etc etc.

If you go back a century, you will find that there were actually only 9 decades in the century, which means we have given out one too many FOTD awards. One of the previous winners needs to hand theirs back.
    I say Pacquaio hand his back considering he's allowed to use his 2009 wins in the last decade and the decade before that aswell.

Infact, the BWAA need to revise all their awards considering the years are all fucked up now.

Comment

He's right. The last decade went from 2009 - 2019.
      That would be 11 years genius.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
        That would be 11 years genius.
        Don't be silly. Decades don't have 11 years.

Even if there are only 9 decades in a century, and about 8.8 centuries in a millennium.

Comment

A decade is only 5 years if your TBE

Comment

Even if there are only 9 decades in a century, and about 8.8 centuries in a millennium.
            ... Yes... sure... God is just stealing from us exactly one decade per each century... And we are so dumb, doe!...

Comment

LOL he said 2009-2019 is a decade, and I said no that would be 11 years.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... Yes... sure... God is just stealing from us exactly one decade per each century... And we are so dumb, doe!...
                I don't think it is exactly one decade.

2009-2019
                1998-2008
                1987-1997
                1976-1986
                1965-1975
                1954-1964
                1943-1953
                1932-1942
                1921-1931

So in the last 99 years, there are 9 decades. So almost 9 decades in 100 years.

With the faultless logic that 2009-2019 is a decade, we come to the obvious fact that the previous decade was 1998-2008. Because if the previous decade was 1999-2009 then the year 2009 would count twice.

Since it would be silly to count the year 2009 twice, we have to end the previous decade in 2008.

Which leads us to the clear conclusion that there is something like 8.9 decades in a century. So one of the previous FOTD has to hand back their award, and another one has to have like maybe 10% clipped off of theirs.

That's just maths and logic and stuff.

Comment

Five in Mayweather years aha

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    It's that time of year again folks.
                    a decade is 10 years.
                    the first ever decade started in year 1, so it went up to year 10, the 10th year of that decade.

start counting...when you get up to 2020, then 2020 is the 10th year of the decade.

The reason some think different along with some others is that they spent their entire adult life not doing the math yet. So they dally between different definitions like 2009-2019 etc in the hope they get one dalliance right between them all.

And guess it sounds more cohesive to count from 0 to 9..but these are years -there is no year zero.
                    Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-20-2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

now that i know a decade is 11 years i have to change my fighter of the decade vote, hell i have to change my entire way of thinking !

Comment

Working...
                      X