This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prove yourself, Lomachenko

There is a lot of hype around Lomachenko and while I can agree that he certainly is a good boxer, I think the hype is totally out of proportions... He did lose to Salido, he fought Rigondeaux at a totally unfair weight and otherwise, I'm not really impressed with him fighting trash like Campbell, Crolla, Pedraza and Linares recently... It simply doesn't suit a man of his reputation.

His skills are there, no one can deny that, but those skills have yet to be tested enough for him to deserve all the hype. I have a proposal. How about going up in weight and fighting Crawford? If Lomachenko beats Crawford, then I must admit, he has established himself as an all-time great. I know he will get spanked, but at least for trying, he will have gained my respect.

Will you continue to hype a guy who fights trash constantly or should we, as fans, start to put some pressure on him to fight Crawford? I doubt Lomachenko has the courage to face him, but if the fans pressure him enough, it just might happen. If Lomachenko is so special, then why not prove it? It's easy to look good when fighting bad opposition.
    Last edited by ShawnTaylor; 10-16-2019, 09:52 AM.

Lomachenko has already proven himself and he certainly doesn’t need to prove himself to a joker like yourself.

By your logic, Crawford is total garbage until he moves up and beats Kovalev, Gvozdyk, Beterbiev or Bivol.

Comment

I have no problems with the guys hes fought so far....I really don't...and loma is good

but he wont take a big risk or a big challenge going up in weight against someone very good or dangerous...and the fans will make excuses for it ....and if it were someone else theyd dog the ever loving **** out of that guy and tell him to dare to do something special

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        but he wont take a big risk or a big challenge going up in weight against someone very good or dangerous...and the fans will make excuses for it ....and if it were someone else theyd dog the ever loving **** out of that guy and tell him to dare to do something special
        Exactly. Lomachenko's fanboys are reetarded. He's a good boxer, but that's it. They shouldn't hype him up to be something great until he proves his greatness by taking some risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          I have no problems with the guys hes fought so far....I really don't...and loma is good

Bro he has already moved up a couple times I think? I think it is pretty clear that at 135 he is reaching his limit...he is having tough fights with guys who at 130 he was dominating.

I don't know what his career will hold but he isn't some young guy who started at the lower weights...he may have reached his weight limit already...expecting him to move up the weights like Crawford/Floyd/Pac I mean he is just a smaller guy, I think that is pretty apparent.

He seems to say he is focused on his legacy though so I would expect him to try something great if he really means that...we will see how it goes.

Comment

I have Crawford and Loma as clear 1 and 2 pfp...in whatever order people want, I would probably put Loma 1...because in 15 fights I think he has more really good wins than Crawford in his 30 fights lol...and that isn't to slight Crawford, but yeah Loma has faced really good opposition whichever way people want to slice it...people hating on his resume so far, makes 0 sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
              He seems to say he is focused on his legacy though so I would expect him to try something great if he really means that...we will see how it goes.
              I don't think he is man enough to move up and fight Crawford, but... If he does. And if he loses. I will still respect him for trying.

Comment

Another troll/alt here to trash on Loma. Nothing new to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
                  I don't think he is man enough to move up and fight Crawford, but... If he does. And if he loses. I will still respect him for trying.
                  Man that is a hell of a jump in weight...and to do it to fight a guy who many consider a top 3 pfp guy lol...I mean yeah it would be cool, but at 135 Loma looks not quite the same...I can't imagine him right now having a ton of success at the higher weights...dude is definitely a great boxer though...will be interesting to see if he settles into 135 soon and then tries to move up or if 135 is his ceiling...there are still some good fights around that weight if so.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Another troll/alt here to trash on Loma. Nothing new to see here.
                    Because the ts isn’t a member of your “if it’s white it’s right” agenda?

Comment

Working...
                    X