No announcement yet.

Anyone misses Bert Sugar (RIP)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone misses Bert Sugar (RIP)

I used to love the stories he used to tell about all the old fighters and old fights. Especially Ray Robinson.

Its hard for me to think about the Top ATGs withought thinking of him and his perspective of all the older fighters vs the current fighters (before he passed)

When i first got into boxing i felt like Bert was Boxing..... Him and that cigar....talking about all the fighters and moments that shaped the sport.

Any other boxing personalities or trainers yall miss hearing?
    Last edited by KillaMane26; 11-09-2019, 10:55 PM.

Harold Lederman comes to mind...not boxing but I also miss Bud Collins who would do some good historical stories in tennis...there isn't really a great boxing mind out there right now that really stands out unfortunately, as a historian that is.

Comment

Comment

I loved just watching/listening to Burt Sugar. There aren't many historians left anymore.

Comment

I do. He loved the sport and its personalities. He knew them really well, and he knew what was real, what was not. I love the way he talked about Ray Robinson.

Comment

Yeah he was truly the LAST of those real Boxing Writers/Historians

Boxing just don't have personalities like that anymore and I think it does hurt the sport and is why the sport popularity has declined like it has honestly

People would rather come out and see 2 Novice with Personalities instead of two dry boring Pros with ZERO Personalities

Comment

Bert Sugar and Manny Steward , I could listen to those dudes all day! And that cigar Bert always carried, classy af

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
                Bert Sugar and Manny Steward , I could listen to those dudes all day! And that cigar Bert always carried, classy af
                I miss all the fights with Manny commentating. You could tell how much he loved the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                  I do. He loved the sport and its personalities. He knew them really well, and he knew what was real, what was not. I love the way he talked about Ray Robinson.
                  Yeah when i first got into boxing i was obsessed with Robinson. I loved hearing all the stories about him especially about his fights at 147

Comment

A part of the sport dies with legends like this sadly.

Comment

Working...
                    X