No announcement yet.

any good tips on how to fight tall people and southpaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any good tips on how to fight tall people and southpaws

any good tips on how to fight tall people and southpaws.

any thing atol would help i was sparring twice tody once against a boy that is rougthly sumwere from 5,11 to 6ft i,m 5,7

and then agains a quicky southpaw counter puncher i really need tips on how too handel these guys as we are now sparing partners and we are gettin judge on how well we do in sparring tomorow and who ever empreses gets garantied a fight in london on the 12th so please post as soon as.

against a southpaw your money punch is the straight right hand down the middle. i landed it over and over today in sparring. As for fighting taller opponents i don't know yet because i'm not good at slipping the jab and throwing a combo up close

Comment

Ive been sparring with some of Bill Millers guys that hes working with. Both are south paw, one being a light heavy and the other a heavyweight. The light heavy has no height on me but the heavy has a good amount over me, not to mention the weight difference.

With the tall left handers your probably going to need to get inside to work. You know how you parry their jabs with your left hand, do that for awhile till you get his timing. Ofcourse try to parry it and counter with the jab on occasion but try this. When you feel youve timed his jab walk right into him. When he throws it simply slip to your left and stick your right hand out. If hes coming to you hell walk right into it. Also try the lead rights to his body underneath his jab, they eat those all night long.

Quite honestly, if these things didnt work while was trying to get inside then I would just turn it into a brawl and go at it. If your able to box left handed you might try it, they feel akward the same way that you do fighting another lefty. Good luck..................Rockin'

Comment

kl i,ll give those a shot tonight

Comment

with a big stick

Comment

against taller people you should get in close and pound them with hooks. if youarent a heavyweight anyone taller than you is likely to be slighter of build there should be alot of torso to attack!

make southpaws lead 9 times out of ten they like to counterpunch but if you back up and draw them in you should be able to get them to lead then you pop your right hand right down the pipe as they retract their jab.

i think i've made it sound easier than it is but i think it shoulfdhelp

Comment

Originally posted by hemichromis View Post
              against taller people you should get in close and pound them with hooks. if youarent a heavyweight anyone taller than you is likely to be slighter of build there should be alot of torso to attack!

make southpaws lead 9 times out of ten they like to counterpunch but if you back up and draw them in you should be able to get them to lead then you pop your right hand right down the pipe as they retract their jab.

i think i've made it sound easier than it is but i think it shoulfdhelp
              Yeah im 6'1 , 170 - I haev a decent jab and right so i can usually keep most sparring partners off of me. But its a pain in the ass when facing a brawler who goes right in and just hits the body shots.

Comment

lol. Tall and a southpaw. Like Rockin stated You got to get his timing down and fast with that jab. You take that away and he's fubar. I have had a lot of luck witha straight right on a taller southpaw. to the body and head.
                I don't necessarily advise this but I get in a taller guys face and stay there all night. constantly moving foreward trying to not get caught at the end of his punches. I jump on him and throw a lot of 4,5, even 6 punch combos to the body and head. He'll end up coming down to my level eventually. NOT his territory,

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X