No announcement yet.

Is calzaghe underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is calzaghe underrated?

Everyone admits he's good, possibly one of the ATG but I don't see him in many top 10 lists.

Is it because he's white? Because he's British ?

Most people within the boxing world try to discredit Joe Calzaghe, by saying? That his record of fighters that he faced was not on the standard of some other great fighters! (For me this is complete myth!)...

The version of Chris Eubank Senior, that Joe Calzaghe fought beats everybody in the Super-Middle Weight division right now! And then you have fighters like Robin Reed and Charles brewer who where big strong Middle-Weights! When you analysed the fighters he has beat technically they where all decent fighters! (So yes i think he is underrated! Every single test that was throw at him inside of the ring? He passed!)...
    Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 06-20-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe is overrated if you have him top 25. He doesn't belong there. Top 50? Maybe, 46-0 is still 46-0. He had some skill and great movement and positioning.

Comment

Calzaghe was no better than Sven Ottke or Dariusz M. A 43 year old Hopkins embarrassed Calzaghe. Ward would have ruined him prime for prime

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          Most people within the boxing world try to discredit Joe Calzaghe, by saying? That his record of fighters that he faced was not on the standard of some other great fighters! (For me this is complete myth!)...

The version of Chris Eubank Senior, that Joe Calzaghe fought beats everybody in the Super-Middle Weight division right now! And then you have fighters like Robin Reed and Charles brewer who where big strong Middle-Weights! When you analysed the fighters he has beat technically they where all decent fighters! (So yes i think he is underrated! Every single test that was throw at him inside of the ring? He passed!)...
          Eubank took that fight on 2 weeks notice while preparing for a crusierweight fight. You think dropping from CW to SMW in 2 weeks didn't have an affect on Eubank?

Comment

this guy literally admitted to ducking prime RJJ. then fought him when he was shot after several knockout losses. He was outboxed by 43 year old hopkins and won on work rate. 43 is old as fuk. wlad is looking old as hell and he is 41.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Eubank took that fight on 2 weeks notice while preparing for a crusierweight fight. You think dropping from CW to SMW in 2 weeks didn't have an affect on Eubank?
              Yes i know that Eubank was training to fight at light Heavyweight! (Not cruiser-weight?)....I don't think Chris Eubank was stupid enough to face Calzaghe if he was going to be massively weight drained! (His performance in the fight showed that he was not massively drained, Calzaghe has stated that it was probably his hardest fight!).

Comment

The same race-baiters who call Ward an ATG, discredit Calzaghe. So Ward beats Froch, Kessler, Abraham and Kovalev and that qualifies him for greatness but Calzaghe beats Eubanks, Lacy, Kessler, Hopkins and Jomes and he's overrated. Even though Joe was past his own prime when he met with the last three.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Robin Reed fine as hell. that man has the face and the body, what a hottie!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    The same race-baiters who call Ward an ATG, discredit Calzaghe. So Ward beats Froch, Kessler, Abraham and Kovalev and that qualifies him for greatness but Calzaghe beats Eubanks, Lacy, Kessler, Hopkins and Jomes and he's overrated. Even though Joe was past his own prime when he met with the last three.
                    I agree with this and I'm not white or a race baiter

Comment

Working...
                    X