Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Warns: Stop Protecting Your Record Like Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    No doubt, but then who hasn't picked some weak opposition?
    Nothing new, but he raised the bar really high.

The fact is Floyd never fought a great fighter in his prime.

It tells a lot when the man has been 20 years in the sport.

Otherwise WHO?

I don't rank Judah, Castillo and Corrales as greats of the sport.

Don't get me wrong, Floyd is the best, but he has been fooling people for years.

Arum and Pacquiao have been doing the same since 2009, Floyd showed the path.

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
      The Collazo and Guerrero fights were BS (i never want to see either of those guys in a big fight) but a Thurman-Spencer fight makes zero sense especially when it was being talked about.

Spence literally just had his first fight against a top level fighter and a feather fisted one at that. Thurman had also barely just broken through. A win means little for either and loss would be a huge setback.

A Thurman-Spence fight is a perfect example of a fight that SHOULD be marinated for a little bit.
      Pac fought the same featherfisted Algeri and couldn't even stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        Nothing new, but he raised the bar really high.

The fact is Floyd never fought a great fighter in his prime.

It tells a lot when the man has been 20 years in the sport.

Otherwise WHO?

I don't rank Judah, Castillo and Corrales as greats of the sport.

Don't get me wrong, Floyd is the best, but he has been fooling people for years.

Arum and Pacquiao have been doing the same since 2009, Floyd showed the path.
        How many great prime fighters has Pac fought?

How about GGG and Kovalev...how many great prime fighters have they fought.?

Don't single out that one guy...it makes you look like a hater.

Comment

Agree no reason for 3 undefeated champs in same fcking division

Comment

This fool is finally fighting someone with a pulse, and has the nerve to talk about protecting records. Priceless.

Comment

Thurman protecting record like Mayweather??

Unfortunately in Thurman's and those that keep on with this Mayweather protected, Ducked and/or Cherry picked. Mayweather Hand Picked and subsequently Relieved CHAMPOIN'S or the their BELT'SSSS!!!

Love him or hate him just doesn't change the fact that if all a guy has to do is "RUN" to make $100 million there isn't a person among us that wouldn't get that started yesterday!! But WE know it's simply not that easy, most just don't get that Mayweather wasn't a BEAST, he didn't have KILLIER instincts, he wasn't going out on his SHEILD or willin Ta Die for his..... He was a PROFFSIONAL BOXER who had the gifts and to WIN PROFFESIONAL BOXING matches.

A whole lot of you have proven that you just don't know this!

Comment

Originally posted by Sykick View Post
                Unfortunately in Thurman's and those that keep on with this Mayweather protected, Ducked and/or Cherry picked. Mayweather Hand Picked and subsequently Relieved CHAMPOIN'S or the their BELT'SSSS!!!

Love him or hate him just doesn't change the fact that if all a guy has to do is "RUN" to make $100 million there isn't a person among us that wouldn't get that started yesterday!! But WE know it's simply not that easy, most just don't get that Mayweather wasn't a BEAST, he didn't have KILLIER instincts, he wasn't going out on his SHEILD or willin Ta Die for his..... He was a PROFFSIONAL BOXER who had the gifts and to WIN PROFFESIONAL BOXING matches.

A whole lot of you have proven that you just don't know this!

That was a good one.

Mayweather would have a lot more KO's in a 15 round format.

Most of his opponents didn't have much left after 12.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  Don't be so harsh and butthurt because I dare critisize your heroe.

I thought the fight was in 2005, my mistake.

Yet, if you're superior, why asking for a catchweight?

So he has been ducking 9 years sorry.

He stopped to take risks sport wise (stepping in the ring is always a risk), he wanted no part of the risky fights at 147, ducked Margo, ignored P Will but fought Baldomir and Fatton then retired.

Came back when the division was cold, the division is hot again and dude is retiring.

He took some hard fights in Cotto, DLH and Pacquiao because they were money fights.
                  And yet, Pacqquiao was quite worn out by Margo and JMM.

The rest for the whole last 12 years has been as the whole thing disappointing and average.

Floyd has obviously been protecting his 0 avoiding waters where he could lose.

Agree to disagree bro, I respect a lot FMJ, he's an outstanding athlete but, he has been protecting his ass, not even blaming him...
                  So many holes in this argument. It was Canelo who offered the catchweight. Canelo earned his title at a catchweight of 150 against a welterweight at the time in Matthew Hatton. Canelo then offered Floyd a 150 pound catchweight. When the negotiations started Canelo said he could no longer make 150 so the two camps settled on 152 with no rehydation clause. After the weigh in Canelo blew up to 165 and had a 15 pound weight advantage on fight night and STILL lost his title

He took the fight with Baldomir over Margarito because Baldomir was the official champ at the weight class. After he beat Judah, Baldomir was ranked higher than Margarito in the official rankings at welterweight. So Floyd fought him to become the man at welterweight while making an easy 8 million.

I've followed Floyd's career closely and I didn't see ducking, I saw smart career and business decisions. De La Hoya was a bigger fight and a superior boxer to Margarito and Floyd fought him. Floyd simply went for the titles and the money in the later half of his career and I don't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                    So many holes in this argument. It was Canelo who offered the catchweight. Canelo earned his title at a catchweight of 150 against a welterweight at the time in Matthew Hatton. Canelo then offered Floyd a 150 pound catchweight. When the negotiations started Canelo said he could no longer make 150 so the two camps settled on 152 with no rehydation clause. After the weigh in Canelo blew up to 165 and had a 15 pound weight advantage on fight night and STILL lost his title

He took the fight with Baldomir over Margarito because Baldomir was the official champ at the weight class. After he beat Judah, Baldomir was ranked higher than Margarito in the official rankings at welterweight. So Floyd fought him to become the man at welterweight while making an easy 8 million.

I've followed Floyd's career closely and I didn't see ducking, I saw smart career and business decisions. De La Hoya was a bigger fight and a superior boxer to Margarito and Floyd fought him. Floyd simply went for the titles and the money in the later half of his career and I don't blame him.
                    Bam.!

If you want to drain a mofo....slap that rehydration clause on him...Floyd didn't do that...that's the crap a snake like Oscar or Pac would pull.

Oscar did the opposite of draining Floyd....he made agree to come in at 150 and not a pound under or a penalty kicked in.

People don't remember that...or they act like they don't.

Comment

Thurman please stop the nonsense about Mayweather

Corales, Mosley, Pacman, DLH, Gatti, Cotto, Hatton, Hernandez maybe Canelo one day I believe are all HOF or will be once 5 years have passed from their retirement so that 8 HOF with a possible 9 in Canelo...not sure you'll be able to say the same....just adding some perspective

Comment

Working...
                      X