Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you would pay $9.99 a month for a boxing channel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    A Boxing Channel would FAIL because boxing has absolute **** Fans! WWE has more loyal fans than Boxing which is really sad that more people are dedicated to something FAKE than they are something real

So No, No Boxing Channel!

ESPN Classic was basically a Boxing Channel and nobody watched so ESPN got rid of it
    ESPN Classic was like boxing for boxing nerds or 70 year olds. And at a certain point you were running into Ali vs Quarry for the 4th time in 2 months. I don't think the boxing fanbase is big enough these days to have a boxing channel specifically focusing on old fights. You need fights that are happening in the future. You need live pressers of fights in a month. Post fight pressers on Saturday night. Documentaries. Daily &/or weekly shows analyzing upcoming fights. Think ESPN with a focus on boxing not all sports. ESPN Classic was like the History Channel with a focus on boxing. If you could put something like this online & have a on demand library of fights & all the other programs I don't see how its not a long term winner.
    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 07-24-2015, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Most hardcore fucks on here wouldn't even pay for it. They'd just be asking for streams like they usually do. Yet they complain over and over about casuals.

Comment

For all boxing channels, every major fight highest I'm willing to go (as a Brit) is £25-30 per month.
        £25 I'd be more than willing to pay, £30 and above I might feel a bit iffy about paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          Most hardcore fucks on here wouldn't even pay for it. They'd just be asking for streams like they usually do. Yet they complain over and over about casuals.
          I kind of agree but I refuse to pay Skysports to be forced with golf, cricket, football etc when I'm just wanting a few things
          1- Watch all Chelsea FC games
          2- Watch all boxing events
          Hence why I do justify some people going for streams, however for boxing channels like Boxnation I'll happily put money in their pocket.

Comment

It works for WWE because they have wrestling pretty much locked down. Even then, I am not sure how the paid streaming service is working for them now. I know Vince lost a small fortune getting it going.

Comment

i definetly would but its a pipe dream,

I already pay for hbo,showtime, boxnation, skysports

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
                It works for WWE because they have wrestling pretty much locked down. Even then, I am not sure how the paid streaming service is working for them now. I know Vince lost a small fortune getting it going.
                Streaming is a bit hit and miss because their can be latency issues and the fight likely isn't as live as it would be compared to on a TV probably something to do with the by far higher data transfer rate/speed of satellite.
                It has its advantages and disadvantages pretty much, we should be blaming big co-operate companies for forcing us into expensive packages instead of giving us a defined option.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  But they can do something like NFL or MLB channel. Show old fights, recent fights, and boxing movies to make it somewhat worth it. Yes i know things need to be worked out (rights, royalties, and crap if any) but it may work.
                  Major movie and television studios do not release some product to home video because the rights to things like music and such are either too expensive or impossible to obtain. Does anyone think some start-up boxing network would be able to afford the rights to classic Ali fights or Frazier fights or Leonard fights or Duran fights? Not a chance in hell. Anyone think HBO will be giving another network access to their 40 year fight library? At ANY price?

One weekend a month, every month, would be dedicated to showing Rocky 1 to 5 in non stop rotation. Eventually that would change to one night per week.

Then they would approach all the idiots who have 'boxing channels' on YouTube and offer them all time slots so they can promote their 'high quality' crap shot on their high quality iPhone video equipment.

And on and on and on...

Comment

Working...
                  X