No announcement yet.

Did Wladimir cut too much weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    I don't know if that's due to weight loss, but he didn't look this bad for the very long time. His fatigue wasn't on the right level.
    Also two styles just don't gel... Povetkin was trying to get inside but slipping Wlad's jab and bending down.
    thats how you beat wlad....get on the inside. povetkin just isn't talented enough to do anything about it (plus wlad was sleeping on his back)

wlad looked like that because povetkin was able to slip his jab and find his way on the inside.......not because of weight loss or anything else. even crowding wlads space (without throwing a punch) will crumble him and throw him off his game plan.

in a sense it's amazing & a bit ridiculous.........the guy is just not a great fighter like many believe.........
    Last edited by Godsfly; 10-05-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Nothing to do with weight. Unlike most Wlad opponents, Povetkin actually had the heart to at least attempt to get inside on Wlad, and he actually had some success in doing so. Wlad wants no part of any inside fighting at all though, and will do absolutely anything to avoid it. He also won't up his workrate in fights because he's afraid of gassing out like the Brewster fight. As a result, he can generate an abomination like this. It also helps to have a disgraceful ref apparently in your back pocket.

Comment

Wlad fights like that any time he has a semi live opponent . A shameful style and a disgrace to real fighting men and boxing fans alike

Comment

I mean Wlad.......do u even lift?

Comment

I believe that with the drug testing, he didn't take whatever he may have been taking. He refused OST for the first negotiations.

He lost 8 to 9 lbs if I am correct.

He didn't seem to have that finishing power that he usually has.

Comment

I don't think so, there were some people on here saying that he looked a little soft. This was my first time actually tunning to a klitschko build up to a fight so I couldn't tell you

Comment

Thanks for the answers everyone. I'm a fan of Wladimir but I thought it was ridiculous last night. First time I've ever gotten fed up with his tactics.

Also made me think twice now about thinking Wladimir is as good as I thought he was.. I'm not a complete nuthugger or anything, but I thought he was far better than what I saw last night.

Comment

I went into the fight kinda supporting wlad but the holding, spoiling and leaning drove me nuts. ref was poor and let him get away with far too much. Povetkin was very game and took his beating but just kept coming forward great heart! I was supporting him after 5 or 6 rounds and strongly behind him by the end glad he made it to the final bell.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    thats how you beat wlad....get on the inside. povetkin just isn't talented enough to do anything about it (plus wlad was sleeping on his back)

wlad looked like that because povetkin was able to slip his jab and find his way on the inside.......not because of weight loss or anything else. even crowding wlads space (without throwing a punch) will crumble him and throw him off his game plan.

in a sense it's amazing & a bit ridiculous.........the guy is just not a great fighter like many believe.........
                    A prime mike tyson would destroy him

Comment

Working...
                    X