No announcement yet.

Motivation drained out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivation drained out

Hey all. Lately I feel like I don't have any motivation or passion in hitting the gym or running. I mean I still have been continuing my training but it's not fun anymore. It's not like I hate boxing; it might sound like an excuse but I feel tired and I just want to quit. I want to retrieve that lively feeling I once had when I was starting boxing; have anyone ever experienced the same feeling I am going through right now? If so, what did you guys do to regain that spirit?

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
    Hey all. Lately I feel like I don't have any motivation or passion in hitting the gym or running. I mean I still have been continuing my training but it's not fun anymore. It's not like I hate boxing; it might sound like an excuse but I feel tired and I just want to quit. I want to retrieve that lively feeling I once had when I was starting boxing; have anyone ever experienced the same feeling I am going through right now? If so, what did you guys do to regain that spirit?
    nobody will hold your hand to get you through it. either you want it or you don't, simple as that.

take a week off if you have to. if you like running the streets more than you like boxing then you won't return to the gym. if you want to test and push yourself then you'll end up back at the gym. Like I said, ain't nobody gonna hold your hand through it. Either you want it or you don't....Rockin

Comment

You might be suffering from over-training syndrome, or the boredom has got to you. Try taking a week off like Rockin' suggested. When you get back to it try to set a goal or change up your routine in order to keep it interesting. Maybe strive to throw 300p punches in a round on the heavy bag, or work on foot work, something to just change up the everyday routine.

Comment

I experienced something similar as you did.
        After 4 weeks of eating all i wanted and sitting on my ass most of the day doing almost nothing, i noticed my six pack was gone and i had belly fat.
        Then the fire inside my started to burn and now im going as often as i can to the boxing gym but mostly due to lowering my fat percentage then to be better at boxing though i have to admit.

Comment

Working...
        X