Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 Assassins 7.5/10.....Ok so this film is set in Japan its the mid 1800s; a group of assassins team up to bring down a psychopathic lord. First off this film is graphic, so if your sensitive this film is not for you. The film starts out with a Japanese man commiting an honourable suicide, he stabs himself several times in the stomach and rips his abdomen open sideways. The sound matches what you see in the pain on his face but he continues then dies. The young psycho lord starts off by massacreing innocent villagers because he doesnt like the way they present themselves to him, then again he looks for any reason to kill. He rapes a young mans woman for no reason and when the guy finds out he doesnt retaliate but when he tries to leave with his wife, the lord decapitates him with a samurai sword, but that is after he stabs him in the back and strikes him down with the sword many times. So the lord continues his insanity, in next village he cuts off the limbs of a young girl and cuts out her tongue, then he massacres her whole family. I cant deny it, when the girl came to the samurai for help she couldnt even speak and had to communicate using a paint brush on paper. The samurai(assassins) had to kill the psycho before he became a shogun or else he would bring an age of war for fun. Great movie with historical relevance.
    Last edited by D.I.E.S.E.L; 05-29-2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• A couple of other flicks that haven't been mentioned:

Comment

• Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
        Ok so i saw Pirates 4 last night...it ****ing s*cked.. Id give it a 5/10 tops. First off i get its an action movie and all but there are several scenes in this two hour movie where they force the pirates theme song with Johnny Depp acting a fool. Lol, like on scene where hes sitting at a dinner table in chains, plotting about escaping. The next min they order to take the chains off cause he was clunking them nonstop to be annoying. Once he gets it off he tries to escape...what does he do? He jumps on the table while kicking dishes all over the place into peoples faces...all of that just to jump out of the window(which he couldve done right away instead of jumping on the table like an idiot. Anyway, if you decide to pass on this film, your not missing anything, its the worst film of the sequels. No doubt about it. Its for a younger demographic (17 and under).
        How did you rate Astrid Berges-Frisbey's(Syrena) performance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Tiger View Post
          How did you rate Astrid Berges-Frisbey's(Syrena) performance?
          the mermaid? You really want me to rate her performance as a fish? That part made it even worse lol. Cant stand cliche nonsense in the middle of a ****ty movie.

Comment

the mermaid? You really want me to rate her performance as a fish? That part made it even worse lol. Cant stand cliche nonsense in the middle of a ****ty movie.
            From the look of the movie's trailer, she looked good[face-wise]. When i look her up, she's just above average looking. I knew it wouldn't be as good as the previous ones without Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley.

Comment

Pirates 4 was a disaster.

I wanted my money back.

At least it was shorter than the others.

yeesh.

Comment

• Adaptation

Seen this before but DVR'd it to watch it again. Crazy good movie, probably my favorite Nicholas Cage movie. It is written by Charlie Kauffman, he was given the oppurtunity to write a screenplay for the book 'The Orchid Thief' and he wants to not Hollywood it up and let the movie exist as the book does. When writing the script for the movie he was having such a hard time because there is no strong plot to write about so he writes himself into the screenplay which includes his difficulties on writing the play, his self consciousness, and his twin brother.

As the movie goes on everything he DIDN'T want the movie to be about (sex, drugs, action, and such) he writes into the screenplay.

It really is a fantastic movie, and my review doesnt give it justice at all. It is incredibly written, acted, and directed check it out if you can.

9/10

Comment

• so after hearing all the hype for Hangover 2, we decided to check this out yesterday...

i dont know what people were raving about...i thought the movie was one long corny ass joke with junior high antics...i was high as **** too...ready to laugh at anything...nothing

they said it was better than the first one...if that's the case, i have zero interest in watching that one...it was a disappointing waste of 2 hours

Hangover 2 gets a 3 out of 10

and i only give it that because of that hot b1tch that Stu was marrying

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    so after hearing all the hype for Hangover 2, we decided to check this out yesterday...

i dont know what people were raving about...i thought the movie was one long corny ass joke with junior high antics...i was high as **** too...ready to laugh at anything...nothing

they said it was better than the first one...if that's the case, i have zero interest in watching that one...it was a disappointing waste of 2 hours

Hangover 2 gets a 3 out of 10

and i only give it that because of that hot b1tch that Stu was marrying
                    I was wondering how this one would be. You never know with a sequal.

Thanks for the info Mak. We won't rush out to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by danny711 View Post
                      I was wondering how this one would be. You never know with a sequal.

Thanks for the info Mak. We won't rush out to see it.

im sure it would make for a great rental...you know, when you can drink beers and smoke bowls to keep you interested...but to stand in line and sit in a crowded theater, not so much

Comment

Working...
                      X