Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big ups to everyone involved with last nights fight, EXCEPT...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big ups to everyone involved with last nights fight, EXCEPT...

Major props to everyone who took part in last nights big fight, except Bob "fuckface" Arum.

First off I want to say last night was an amazing fight. People may scoff at the crowd of only 20,000 but in my eyes, it was a big success for boxing. I had never been to a boxing event outdoors and I have to say it was a great experience. The weather held up very nicely and just being under the night sky made the fight just that much more special.

Next, big props to the Yankees. The stadium is something amazing, just stunningly beautiful. They conducted the event with such class and everyone that worked for them did a wonderful job and was very helpful. They truly are a first rate organization. Great scoreboard screen btw.

Also, much love to the fighters. Yuri Foreman, I'm sure won a lot of fans over, me being one of them. The main event was exciting and both fighters fought with a lot of heart. Most of all I want to thank Arthur jr for being a great ref last night. One thing I have always hated about boxing is they are so set in the past. What Mercante did was something that should be applauded by all fans. When I seen the towel get thrown in I was a bit upset but happy because Miguel won but I didn't want it to end like that. Mercante went against the grain and that's what we need in the sport. We need people that are worried about the fans of the sport and not their pocketbooks. Major props to all three men for a wonderful job.

Lastly, major props to the fans for showing up. The crowd was very pro Cotto, as expected, but the atmosphere was so much fun. A Cotto fight is always a party but last night I think the outside brought the best out of the whole crowd. There was no fights that I seen and everyone was just in a friendly Cotto attitude. So much fun and seeing Miguel win was amazing. My favorite fighter and always will be.

Now for the bad part of the event, aka Bob Arum. I am so sick of this scum bag. Although I knew the undercard was a joke going in, I am still upset. Bob pretty much could of took a great event and could of put it over the top if he had cared about the sport. The undercard was pathetic and the co main event was an awful scrap. If he had put Lopez or another good PR in there, no doubt fans would of shown up. The disappointing thing was that everyone in attendance loved the fight and couldn't stop raving about it, imagine what a packed house would of done for the sports well being.

All in all, this was a great event. I loved the fight and everything about it. Miguel fought like a true champion and I got to say I was very proud of my warrior. Look forward to traveling to see his next fight. I also hope boxing goes to other open air stadiums so more fans can experience it. It was well worth the trip. Anyone else attend? Tell me what you thought about it. Even if you didn't, what did you think about last night?

Originally posted by Check View Post
    Major props to everyone who took part in last nights big fight, except Bob "fuckface" Arum.

First off I want to say last night was an amazing fight. People may scoff at the crowd of only 20,000 but in my eyes, it was a big success for boxing. I had never been to a boxing event outdoors and I have to say it was a great experience. The weather held up very nicely and just being under the night sky made the fight just that much more special.

Next, big props to the Yankees. The stadium is something amazing, just stunningly beautiful. They conducted the event with such class and everyone that worked for them did a wonderful job and was very helpful. They truly are a first rate organization. Great scoreboard screen btw.

Also, much love to the fighters. Yuri Foreman, I'm sure won a lot of fans over, me being one of them. The main event was exciting and both fighters fought with a lot of heart. Most of all I want to thank Arthur jr for being a great ref last night. One thing I have always hated about boxing is they are so set in the past. What Mercante did was something that should be applauded by all fans. When I seen the towel get thrown in I was a bit upset but happy because Miguel won but I didn't want it to end like that. Mercante went against the grain and that's what we need in the sport. We need people that are worried about the fans of the sport and not their pocketbooks. Major props to all three men for a wonderful job.

Lastly, major props to the fans for showing up. The crowd was very pro Cotto, as expected, but the atmosphere was so much fun. A Cotto fight is always a party but last night I think the outside brought the best out of the whole crowd. There was no fights that I seen and everyone was just in a friendly Cotto attitude. So much fun and seeing Miguel win was amazing. My favorite fighter and always will be.

Now for the bad part of the event, aka Bob Arum. I am so sick of this scum bag. Although I knew the undercard was a joke going in, I am still upset. Bob pretty much could of took a great event and could of put it over the top if he had cared about the sport. The undercard was pathetic and the co main event was an awful scrap. If he had put Lopez or another good PR in there, no doubt fans would of shown up. The disappointing thing was that everyone in attendance loved the fight and couldn't stop raving about it, imagine what a packed house would of done for the sports well being.

All in all, this was a great event. I loved the fight and everything about it. Miguel fought like a true champion and I got to say I was very proud of my warrior. Look forward to traveling to see his next fight. I also hope boxing goes to other open air stadiums so more fans can experience it. It was well worth the trip. Anyone else attend? Tell me what you thought about it. Even if you didn't, what did you think about last night?
    I was in the house as well and agree with your post. Did you eat at the fight? I bought one of those $15 prime rib steak sandwiches.

Comment

it was closer to 30,000 so it was a great success really

can i just ask whats with the feet?

Comment

Some friends was complaining that they couldn't hear a thing on the 2nd or 3rd floor.but besides that everybody loved it

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
          I was in the house as well and agree with your post. Did you eat at the fight? I bought one of those $15 prime rib steak sandwiches.
          I actually didn't eat at the stadium. I had been blitzed at Jimmys Corner for a few hours and then went to the fight. Only bought one beer but I did notice the pricing was very pricey. Bet that steak sandwich was great though. Yankee Stadium is damn impressive.

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
          it was closer to 30,000 so it was a great success really

can i just ask whats with the feet?
          Feet on a woman are sexy. Yes, the fight was great and the fans showed up to support Miguel.

Comment

Originally posted by alonsomosely View Post
            Some friends was complaining that they couldn't hear a thing on the 2nd or 3rd floor.but besides that everybody loved it
            For sure. The 2nd and 3rd decks were packed, very noisy. Unlike most stadiums that the noise just goes up in the air and isn't loud, Yankee Stadium seems to keep the noise inside the stadium. I was at Cotto/Margarito and it wasn't as noisy as last night. Not to mention Cotto/Margarito had fights and the fans were getting a bit rowdy.

Comment

Here are some pictures I took: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=395425

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
                Were you in 408? I was in 408 but moved down to center field where I could see the fight closer. Those pictures look like they were close to my section. Great pics btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  For sure. The 2nd and 3rd decks were packed, very noisy. Unlike most stadiums that the noise just goes up in the air and isn't loud, Yankee Stadium seems to keep the noise inside the stadium. I was at Cotto/Margarito and it wasn't as noisy as last night. Not to mention Cotto/Margarito had fights and the fans were getting a bit rowdy.
                  Yesterdays fight was the loudest most energenic crowd ive ever heard and ive been to many yankee games in the old and new stadium and even with the 50,000+ fans it wasnt as loud as last night...

I was in the second deck and couldnt hear a thing Buffer was saying because the PR fans were SO loud

Great fight tho

Comment

Oh one more thing I forgot to add. Major props to the young lady that sung the national anthem. She had an amazing voice.

Comment

Working...
                    X