Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

out of interest, if u met a boxer u didn't like.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
    It doesn't even have to be meeting them - just look at how people post on a message board about a fighter, and then the way they act during an online chat the moment said fighter answers their question. They go from e-tough guy to A-1 nuthugger in a manner of keystrokes.

Not to mention that meeting a fighter almost always changes someone's perception of them. A lot of people **** on Cory Spinks, for example, but if you spend even a couple of minutes with him, you find out he's one of the most grounded cats on the face of the earth.

That said, I admit there are one or two fighters/fight personalities I go out of my way to avoid. I've never liked Oscar de la Hoya in or out of the ring, and even with his serving as a promotional front man, I'd still rather deal with Richard Schaefer. I don't even like talking to Oscar on media conference calls and rarely if ever ask him a question (mainly because I can almost always guess his answer well before asking for it).
    i've seen it happen! its quite embarrassing.....

Comment

if i dislike a pro boxer and met him in real life, i would just ignore him

same thing with an NBA player, artist, musician, etc. what's the need of talking/taking pictures with people just because they're famous? it won't make you any wiser, richer, more famous, etc

if i'm a fan of someone, i would try to say hi and take picture just to have it as a memento, but that's about it

Comment

Pretend he's a nobody

Comment

Working...
        X