Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible Floyd's hands are less brittle than ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible Floyd's hands are less brittle than ever?

I'm no doctor, but it's my understanding that after a bone FULLY heals it is stronger than ever. Floyd broke his hands a lot in the past, but he never had time to let them heal up all the way because he always had to start training for his next fight. Do you think that after his year and a half retirement the bones in his hands will be stronger than ever?

Originally posted by NoQuitters View Post
    I'm no doctor, but it's my understanding that after a bone FULLY heals it is stronger than ever. Floyd broke his hands a lot in the past, but he never had time to let them heal up all the way because he always had to start training for his next fight. Do you think that after his year and a half retirement the bones in his hands will be stronger than ever?
    Who knows really, I mean if that were the case Paulie Malignaggi would have had hands of stone considering the many surgeries he has had.

Peace.

Comment

His hands should be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        Who knows really, I mean if that were the case Paulie Malignaggi would have had hands of stone considering the many surgeries he has had.

Peace.
        when did paulie ever take 2 years off to let his hands heal????and to answer the question...4sho...floyds gonna show new power in his punches...1st victim..jmm sept 19th

Comment

Depends on the break. Sometimes the bone doesn't grow back in the right way. Anyway the problems with his hand seemed to extend to the nerves in it so no I don't think they are less ''brittle''.

Comment

Nope they will be the same.

It's not like his hands have had a rest anyway, I mean Floyd said he's still been training lots in retirement.

Comment

Why do you think he took 2 years off?

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
                Why do you think he took 2 years off?
                I figured it was so he'd have a chance to heal

Comment

The hand is made of over 200 bones so it depends on which one it is... if its one that takes pressure every time that hand connects theres always a good chance of that bone being refractured now matter how long its been. You'll see a few boxers that hand or hands are pretty much done during the end of there career kinda like Gatti u just knew it was a matter of time till he broke his hand everytime he fought.

Comment

Working...
                  X