No announcement yet.

(non boxers)What's would be (is) your fighting weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (non boxers)What's would be (is) your fighting weight

I always wondered what weight class I'd have to compete in to be physically competitive, and I can honestly say that with my build I'd have to be a 6'1" welterweight or light middle at a push.

Bearing in mind I'm 170lbs with bout 14% body fat it seems I'm just not cut out to be a boxer, I don't have the natural strength.

Any of you guys got perfect body types for boxing or are 5'9" natural heavyweights like a Tua or a Tyson?

im 6 foot 1 and weigh a trim 200 pounds at 17 years old so i think im gonna be natural heavyweight. I'd expect that ill be 220-230 when im in my 20's. Id like to be a cruiser but it looks like im gonna grow out of the weight

Comment

im about 6"3 and 17. I'm just one of those genetic freaks that doesnt weigh enough for their height. At my current weight I think I'm a middleweight.

Comment

I stand at 6'3 and weigh in at a trim 238 pounds.

Comment

I'm built like an orangutan: 5'9" 175 lbs. with a 29" inseam, 36" sleeves, and great big monkey hands. I'm the original knuckle-dragger. But I'm making it work. I fight inside, keep a close guard, and rely heavily on footwork.

There's no perfect build. What you do with what the Good Lord gave you is up to you. Get in there and try it. It's fun.

Comment

I dont box. If I did I suspect Id weight in at about 150lbs. Maybe more after developing more muscle. Thats at being 5'8" and almost 5'9". 140 lbs would probably be ok but I could afford to go up a bit more.
            Last edited by platinummatt!; 03-01-2007, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I am 5'10 or 11 and currently weigh about 180......I am not in great shape though at the moment.I think if I were a fighter I would be able to get to 147 and be solid given my slim slender build.

Comment

Yeah I mean I'm not exactly out of shape but with my build I'd need to cut a stone to be in the ring with people of similar strength. You guys who are 200+lbs must be really big guys. I could get up to near 175 packing on a load of bulky muscle but I'd be weak as p*ss at anything above 154 I'm sure.

Comment

5'8 around 130 pounds i think in american? just about lightweight professional i think.

Comment

Good question......I'd say around 190.

I look heavy in my pic, but I'm not at all... that shirt is big. I'd say if I got down to around 11% I'd weigh in at 185.

I'm over 200 as it stands because I'm a big guy at 6'2.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                    X