No announcement yet.

Ward-Kovalev II PPV buys trending around 130k

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    He'll just change the subject on you and accuse you of the very thing you nailed him on. They all do that here.
    I told him I was done and then he posted a huge thing I didn't bother to read. I love Mike Tyson but why is it that everyone with an avi of the guy just sucks as a poster.

The anger in some of these guys...
    "I hate Ward so much."
    -different thread-
    "I'm not bitter about him."
    Most of em are just salty because the bodyguard they hired to protect GGG from the big, bad Ward got rekt.

Comment

Absolutely terrible numbers. The fight must have made a loss after ward got his guaranteed purse.

Comment

That's cuz casuals skipped this fight and are focused on that Mayweather vs McGregor fight!

It should've been on regular HBO world championship boxing!.

Kov is a true savage, he takes fights for nearly peanuts even though his status as a fighter and what he accomplished says he should be paid like Ward is or more!

Got fleeced twice within 9 months, smh!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          sad..but in all honesty fights like this should be on regular HBO or Showtime...They try to put every damn thing on ppv now
          Yep. Fights like this, Crawford vs Postol, GGG vs Lemiex are never going to do good numbers. They were basically only PPV because HBO couldnt/wouldnt afford to pay for them.

Thank god for the Haymon project and Arum getting his fighters a new platform on ESPN so that people can actually watch high level boxing which isnt behind 2 paywalls (subscription and PPV)
          Last edited by Tom Cruise; 06-24-2017, 06:48 AM.

Comment

To the people saying May vs Mac announcement killed the numbers, I would say if a fight announcement kills all interest in your bout, it was probably never going to do good numbers in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
              Absolutely terrible numbers. The fight must have made a loss after ward got his guaranteed purse.
              I would imagine Wards purse has come out the pockets of Roc Nation

Comment

pretty bad but expected

Comment

PPV is done,maybe alvarez and may weather can still sell ppv's,but why buy a ppt when you can watch it free on stream all over the internet,boxing's futures is free cable,much more exposure,build up fan clientele again,may weather and pacquiao,these fighters had many many fights against top fighters before they became ppt stars,something these boxing star nowadays haven't done yet except maybe Alvarez and his number's show it,you need a good amount of good fights against great opponents to be able to sell many ppv's

Comment

Wow that sucks. Kov is going to make about $750k or so. Ward tried to tell dude but kov wouldn't listen. HBO should have put this fight on regular cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      That's actually little bit of a relief to me. At least it didn't fall to the 100k or below range, which I felt might happen once everyone started talking about Mayweather.
                      TBH, I don't think that these numbers have to do much with Floyd.

This fight, with this kind of promotion was never to going to do more than 150k buys.

From 6:00, spot on. Hearn knows his stuff.

Last edited by Simurgh; 06-24-2017, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X